HACHI

HACHI —
" What am I? Chopped liver? "

HACHI —" What am I? Chopped liver? "

" It's so weird! " Allison whispered. " Everyone is talking about what happened— but nobody knows it was us. "

" Thank God for the protection of minors, " Lydia groaned, casting her eyes sky-ward.

Lydia Martin had already been involved with one widely known freak occurrence and the Queen Bee had barely shaken off the lingering weirdness from that episode. All she desperately wanted was for her to go back to the good old days of shopping until she dropped, making out with her hot lacrosse captain boyfriend and ruling the school.

" I wish we got more than a few days off, however, " Miya commented off-handedly, " seeing Mr. Harris's face on a Monday morning— especially after the events of last week— is cruel and unusual torture. "

Somehow, in the aftermath of the "hostage" situation, Lydia Martin has decided that Miya Yamato was her new "chief court lady".

Well, additional 'chief court lady'.

That was exactly how Miya ended up leaning against a random locker on Monday morning, listening on as Allison and Lydia conversed, interjecting with quips as the situation called for it.

As the conversation shifted from the 'attempted death by Hale' situation to Allison's 'break' with Scott, the peroxide blonde was suddenly found unsure brown eyes searing into her own dark pair.

" Do you think I made a mistake? " The girl implored. Miya pursed her lips, tilting her head from side to side.

" You want my opinion? "

Miya's tone was tinged with disbelief. After all, this was probably the first time she'd even spoken to Allison— beside casual greetings in the hallways and the traumatic event they'd lived through the week prior— so for her to be asked for love advice threw Miya for a loop.

" Well... " Allison gnawed on her bottom lip, the dent between her brow deepening. " You hang out with Scott and Stiles, right? "

The blonde girl stilled, quietly stewing over how apparent her new relationship with the two boys was becoming to observers. It was one thing for Isaac to notice. It was another thing for the daughter of an illustrious hunting family with a long history of slaying supernatural creatures to notice. Argents might be famous for taking down werewolves but Miya knew that— if they found out about her— her pelt wouldn't be safe.

" We had a little project, " Miya deflected with an easy smile and a shrug. " But that does not give me the authority to comment on your relationship. " She chose her words carefully, with well-practiced precision, as she navigated her way through "court gossip".

Unfortunately for her, Allison was insistent.

" But you know him, " the Argent pressed on, " you know how he is as a person. " Miya wanted to scoff. She didn't really know Scott as a person per se— she knew him as a wolf plenty though.