KYU

KYU —
" You think you can challenge me? Me? "

KYU —" You think you can challenge me? Me? "

In the days that followed the full moon, Miya found herself distracted. So distracted, in fact, that she had been zoning out. A lot. Like she was that afternoon...

... Barely even registering that Isaac was speaking to her.

Her unfocused gaze rested on the boy's visage as his petal-pink lips moved, his blue eyes searching. On any other day, the blonde would have hung off of his words, ecstatic that he had been the one to come up to her and engaged her in conversation. Any other day that her mind wasn't clouded with concerns of hunters, alphas, and betas.

No matter how distracted she was, though, Miya couldn't quite help but take in the beauty of Isaac Lahey. Deep-set eyes— bluer than blue— that complimented his chiseled cheekbones and a jawline that could cut glass. His dirty blonde hair swept over his forehead in mused curls, perpetually messy from the number of times he ran his hand through them. His dimples that presented themselves whenever he offered her that little smile of his— quite like he was doing at that moment.

With lips pressed together tightly in a futile attempt to prevent the amused smile that tugged at his lips. The bold streak that she had taken to call 'the other Isaac Lahey' reared its head then.

Tilting his head to the side, his lips curled up into that little crooked grin of his as his eyes gleamed slyly. He stared down at her expectingly and (only then) did she realize he'd long since stopped talking... And that she'd been too caught up in admiring his face to even catch his words.

" What...? " Miya spluttered unintelligently, blinking herself out of her daze. It was the first and, she hoped, last time that she would ever act so foolishly.

Downright embarrassing.

Isaac was on the opposite end of the mood spectrum. He was completely chuffed and couldn't help the little laugh that bubbled from his lips as Miya Yamato— of all people!— was flustered because of him. Grin pulling wider still, he took half a step forward till he was about a foot away from her, leaning down slightly as he spoke.

" You definitely didn't catch it, he teased, " but I said you have something in your hair. " He smirked as a hand boldly came up to pull the offending item— a little ball of lint— from her bleached locks.

For one reason or another (or maybe, Miya suspected in retrospect, she simply wasn't thinking) as Isaac's hand brushed by her face, she caught it in her own; pressing it lightly to her cheek.

Her cheeks burned and her heart picked up as the two stood there by his light blue locker. Isaac's features had taken on a look of surprise mixed with awe and speckled with uncertainty.

She watched as his blue eyes flickered from her eyes to the hand she had unconsciously leaned into, finally resting on her lips. Lips parting as if to speak but stopping short of vocalization, his thumb, ever so slowly, begun to ghost over the curve of her cheekbone; sending shivers racing down her spine.