GO

GO —
" Do you really think wolves are the only thing that goes bump in the night? "

GO — " Do you really think wolves are the only thing that goes bump in the night? "

" This isn't how I envisioned free-period... but I am absolutely unopposed to it, " a certain blonde snickered.

Some time has elapsed since Derek had been shot by the hunters and she'd had burgers with Isaac in the graveyard. Since that time, the mystery alpha kept themselves... busy.

The fatal "mountain lion" attack on the Video Ezy brought upped the death toll and left a heavy feeling of dread hanging over Beacon Hills, and a sense of urgency in the little ramshackle alliance that Derek, Scott, Stiles, and herself had found themselves in.

Rising tensions stressed even the closest bonds. None more so than that of Scott and Stiles. The human boy's father, the sheriff, Miya recalled, had been injured the previous evening after an actual mountain lion had found its way into the parking lot of Beacon Hills High.

While Sheriff Stilinski, fortunately, escaped with minor injuries, Stiles blamed Scott for not being there to save him. The discontentment and frustration that swirled around the human all of the previous day (when Scott cut school to be with the Argent girl) had hurried the boy to the end of his tether. Miya supposed that the incident with his father had been the last straw for Stiles.

That being said, Miya didn't expect to be cordially invited by the human boy — who'd she'd threatened with death quite a few times— to exact some sweet, sweet retribution upon his oldest and closest friend packaged in the notion of teaching him 'control'. How innovative human children could be.

" Do you have any ideas that don't involve me being pelted with lacrosse balls? " Scott questioned the girl. He stood in the lacrosse goal out on the empty field with his wrists duct-taped, eyeing his best friend and the blonde girl (both armed with lacrosse sticks and a basket full of balls) with trepidation. Miya raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow.

" On managing your shift? " Scott nodded. Miya shrugged. " It really is not my area of expertise; this whole business with the control and the shifting. " She had no need for either, after all. Being what she was, she had always pandered to her emotions, letting them have free reign over her— it was simply in her nature. Control, to her, was overrated.

That, however, was not the answer the boys were looking for. Scott was perturbed but attempted to remain civil, while Stiles openly gawked at her.

" What kind of werewolf are you? How could it not be your area of expertise?! " The boy squawked much to her chagrin.

Miya looked scandalized.

In fact, it looked to the pair of boys that she was even downright offended by the way her nose wrinkled as if she had a whiff of an unpleasant odor.

" Me? A slobbering wolf? " Her lip curled in disgust. " Did you really think that wolves were the only thing that goes bump in the night? " Miya questioned rhetorically, trying not to gag at the thought of her as a wolf. " There's a lot more to this world you've found yourself in than you know. "