JUUSAN

JUUSAN —
" I try. "

" It's Lahey, " the boy with the dirty blonde hair murmured, eyes not meeting the sheriff's. " Isaac Lahey. "

" You work for your father, Isaac? " Noah Stilinski asked, notepad in hand as he looked between the skittish boy and his father.

" When he's not in school, " Norman Lahey said, laying a heavy hand on Isaac's shouler. " Which is where he needs to be in twenty minutes. " The man smiled tightly, looking pointedly at the sheriff. Noah returned his gaze with a pinched one of his own.

" Yeah, I understand that. But, I've got a missing teenage girl, and our K-9 unit led us here. She's not wearing any clothes, and if she's already been caught in the storm last night... And if she's out here tonight and the temperature really drops... " the sheriff trailed off with a barely contained grimace.

" I'm sorry, " Issac breathed, chin tucked to his chest. " I didn't see anything. " A heavy hand landed on his shoulder and squeezed painfully.

" Trust me, if he saw a naked girl outside a computer screen, he'd remember, " Norman smirked snidely, squeezing his son's shoulder harder still before (thankfully) releasing him. Noah, to his credit as a law enforcement officer and a parent could see how plain uncomfortable Isaac was with his father.

" How'd you get the black eye, Isaac? " The sheriff asked gingerly. Isaac gulped.

" School. "

" School fight? "

" Nah, " he offered the man an empty smile. " Got it in lacrosse. " That got the sheriff to perk up.

" Lacrosse? You play for Beacon Hills? " He asked with a little grin.

"  Yeah... " Isaac trailed off. Eyes flickering to the edge of the woods, he caught sight of a leather jacket-clad figure. The Hale's words to him in the early hours of the day came flooding back to the forefront of Isaac's consciousness as the sheriff rambled on.

" My son plays for the team. Well, I mean, he... he's on the team. He doesn't typically play. Not yet, anyway. It's uh— " pausing, Noah turned, following the blue-eyed boy's gaze to see nothing among the trees. " Something wrong, Isaac? "

" No, " Isaac replied, eyes meeting Noah's. Eyes darting to the treeline once more to make sure that Derek Hale had disappeared into thin air once more, he returned his full attention to the sheriff. " Oh, no, sorry. I was just remembering, I actually have a morning practice to get to... "

" Okay, well, I just have one more question— you guys get many grave robberies here? " Isaac shrugged.

" A few. Usually, they just take stuff like jewelry. "

" What'd this one take? "

" Her liver. "

The sheriff started, eyes flickering back up from his notepad to the boy just in time to catch a flash of platinum blonde among the gravestones. Eyes narrowing, Sheriff Stilinski sighed.