ICHI

ICHI —
"This town is getting much too crowded for my liking."

—

Beacon Hills was anything but exciting.

Take it from Stiles, he'd lived there all his life and the most interesting thing that had happened to date was the birth of Lydia Martin.

A moderately sized town of around 30,000 nestled in the trees of the Preserve— Beacon Hills was, for all intents and purposes, a sleepy town in Northern California. It's the kind of place where nothing happens, and if something did happen everyone knew about it. The kind of place where everybody knew anybody who was somebody.

So, it was no real surprise when the beautiful new girl (who allegedly moved into the expensive vacant house on the more exclusive side of Beacon Hills) was taken under the wing of the school's Queen Bee. Much to Scott McCall's absolute devastation.

" The new girl's been in school for less than half a day and she's already apart of Lydia Martin's clique? " Scott sighed, eyeing the beauty that caught his eye. As if she wasn't out of reach in the first place? Now by Lydia Martin's side, he could all but kiss his chance with her goodbye.

" Beautiful people herd together, " Stiles huffed with exasperation, " it's just what they do! "

He, too, wasn't quite happy with the social standing fate had handed out to him. He was a hundred and forty pounds of pale skin and fragile bone with a side of sarcasm and teenage awkwardness— not exactly favorable qualities when you're a high school sophomore crushing on Queen Bee Lydia Martin.

" Somebodies, " he declared, " always hang out with other somebodies, it's, it's the law of attraction! It's the law of high school! "

" Yeah... there's just one problem with that theory of yours, Stiles, " Scott mused, tapping his best friend on his shoulder and gesturing over his shoulder. And, speaking of the devil, there she was, parting the hall like the Red Sea as they spoke.

Her name was Miya Yamato and she was a somebody.

The peroxide blonde started halfway into freshman year and was just as enigmatic as the day she arrived, even almost a full year later, all anyone knew about Miya Yamato was: a) her name, b) she drove a vintage Chevy Impala, c) she was really beautiful. Even Stiles— who wasn't exactly above breaking into the faculty office or going through police files— didn't know much more than her name (and her address and her phone number which he may or may not have saved).

It wasn't as if the girl was cold or unfriendly. Quite the opposite. While Lydia Martin ruled the school with a perfectly manicured fist and a polished bitch face, Miya Yamato had carved her place at the top of the social ladder with easy conversation and a smile that oozed charisma.

Much like Danny Mahealani, Miya had solidified her standing at the highest echelons of high school society by being, well, nice. An elegant smile and a comfortable presence complimented her doll-like face as she easily became acquainted with so many different cliques within a few hours at Beacon Hills High.