para zir, con amor

Episode: To Zir, With Love

Outfit:

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

Elena and a group of people came into the Alvarez apartment. They were chattering and all, which is a surprise since Elena doesn't have friends over.

"Sounds like Alex is home," Lydia says.

"No, Mami, that's Elena," Penelope corrects.

"But I hear friends."

The mother walks up to the group. "Hey, Elena. Who are all these peeps? What's up, peeps?"

"Okay, so stop saying 'peeps,'" The daughter smiles awkwardly.

"Oh, 'cause peeps are candy chicks used to celebrate pagan fertility, and women are more than just baby-makers? I get it."

"So maybe don't say anything," The girl explains, "Anyway, this is the advocacy group I was telling you about. The Feminist Gamers of Echo Park. We've been hanging out online and this is our first meeting IRL."

"Welcome. What're everybody's names?" The mom asked.

A girl with curly hair says, "I'm Dani. My pronouns are 'she' and 'her.'"

Another person with longer hair introduced, "Syd. My pronouns are 'they' and 'them.'"

The other says, "I'm Margaux. Pronouns 'ze' and 'zir.'"

The nurse looked utterly confused. "I'm Penelope. My thoughts are 'huh?' and 'what?' Seriously, what is happening?"

"Well, because some people are gender non-comforting, they have preferred pronouns," Elena remarks.

"Ah!" The grandmother nods, "I am Lydia. Pronouns 'Ly-dee-a."

"We're going downtown to protest the release of a new video game."