Raíz

Episode: Roots
TW: none

Outfit:

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

ANDREA AND ALEX WALKED INTO the living room, where Penelope was on the phone. Alex speaks up, "Hey, mom."

"T-Thank you, Dr. Berkowitz," The mother says, in a hurry, "That's a—That's a good work call. Thanks, bye."
She slammed the phone down to see Alex but tried to act as cool as possible. "What's up?"

"I need money," He explicitly states.

"And I need a margarita, but it's 7:00 in the morning."

He begged, "Mom, please. I'm going to a movie."

Penelope looked to Andrea, who nodded, telling her that it was the truth. Alex and Andrea were planning to go see a movie a horror movie, she had been dying to go see. Funny enough, as much as Alex tries to act all tough, he is terrified of horror movies.

Sighing in defense, the mom pulls out her purse. "Ten dollars."

"Oh, maybe I wasn't clear. I'm actually going to a movie in this century," The boy sasses, "It's in color and everything. A ticket costs $9.50."

"And I expect change."

Elena comes in. "No, I feel your pain. I mean, I never had enough money to go to the movies with friends."

"Or enough friends to go to the movies with friends," jokes Alex.

"Oh, I know, why don't you pluck your one mustache hair, and you can get the kid price?"

"Why don't you pluck your 20 mustache hairs?"

"Jokes on you, because each one of these hairs is a blow to the patriarchy."