pt. tres

Episode : No Mass

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

Of course the day moved on, it would be roughly late noon when she would get an update from Schneider about Lydia.
The single mom continued her work and was distracted when Dr. Berkowitz came into the room and on the phone.

"Well, there's no reason to get lawyers involved." He covers the phon with his hand and whispered to Penelope to clarify, "My daughter."

The woman was always confused on the relationship the doctor had with his kid. From what she has seen, it was a rocky father-daughter relationship.

"Katie, if I raised my voice the other night, I'm sorry."

Penelope nodded in encouragement.

"And I'm sorry for that, too. And that. No, no, wait, wait, no. Now I am not going to apologize for saying "unemployed", because that's what you are! You're so sensitive."
He then intimates a gunshot to the head at the nurse.
"And, sweetheart, I just want you to be honest with yourself and ask what happens if your self-published erotica doesn't take off. No, no, of course, I believe in you. It's-It's- And she's gone."

The doctor sighs and turns to Penelope with a smile, "Well, you know how kids are."

"37 is a rough age." She replies.

"Any word from your mom?"
"No, but I'm sure she's home talking crap about me with Juan Pablo and Benedicto."

"Has she ever disappeared like this before?"

"No, usually when we fight, she does the opposite of go away. She just sighs really loudly," With that she imitates Lydia, pounding on her chest as she sighs, "Ay!" Then goes back to her normal self and explains, "Anything to draw attention to the fact that she's wounded and nearby."

"My ex used to have a sigh, too. It went like this... "I hate you!"... I still miss her."

The Alvarez nurse explained, "It's just I don't have time for this drama, you know? I got work, I got bills, I got kids."

"Well, doesn't she help out?"
"Yeah, she gets the groceries, cooks, cleans, spends time with the kids, does the laundry-"

"Sounds like she does everything."
"Well, it does when I say it out loud." She then adds in, "She's also turning my apartment into the Sistine Chapel."
"That must look amazing!"
"Okay, I'm not explaining this right."

The conversation was then interrupted by Penelope's phone, which was ringing.

Penelope answers, "Hey, Schneider, I am just about to leave. What's up?"

"I just came down to get my afternoon café con leche and a kiss on the cheek from your mom, but she's still not here." He updates her.

"What?" Penelope mutters to herself.

The landlord reassures her, "But don't worry. I got this. All 4 kids are fine."

"4?"

"Yeah. Carmen, Elena's best friend? We have got to catch you up."