espera, por favor

Episode : Hold, Please

Outfit :

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

In the Alvarez house, holding music plays on the phone, with Penelope folding clothes as she eats her Cheeto puffs.

She was calling for the VA because her shoulder was in crucial pain.

"Abuelita, give me back my yearbook!" Elena shouts, as her grandmother runs with the school book on her hands, to the living room.

"Your quinces is around the corner, and we need to pick a boy to be your escort." The elderly woman tells the girl.

"There's no one in here. I just-"
"Then use your phone and Chapsmat somebody."
"You don't understand social media. Abuelita-"

"No, no, no. Of course I do. All you have to do is find a boy and twat at him."
"I hope you mean 'tweet'?"
"'Twat,' 'tweet.' Same thing."

"Not the same thing, Mami." Penelope joins the conversation. "Can you guys go fight somewhere else? I'm on hold with the VA."

"Okay, but Elena had to pick an escort by today! Or we will not have enough time to prepare."

"But I wanna go to the street fair... and my quinces his two months away!" Elena points out.

"Jajaja. Qúe funny!" Lydia mocked. "We still have to pick the other 14 members of the court. We have to choreograph the dances. We have to pick the weakest dancers and out them in the back and out a curtain in front of them. Elena, pick by the end of the day, or your escort will be Cousin Orencio."

"Cousin Orencio smells like a Dorito that died in a pool or Axe body spray." The girl tells her. "Good luck getting him out of Tía Mimi's basement."

Lydia saw this as a dare, so she marched to the phone, which Penelope was quick to protect.

"Don't touch that phone!"
Penelope, though, pulled it, making the pain worsen with a welp. "Elena. Just take the yearbook and pick somebody."

"Fine!" The girl grabbed the book and went to her room.

The grandmother sighs, "It should be fun! Pick whoever you want. As long as he is a dancer, and he is Cuban, and he is handsome, and I'm coming in."

Lydia left to go to Elena.
Penelope was again at peace, til the door knocked.
The woman got up and opens it.

"Alvarez, let's go! There's a street fair downstairs." Jill comes in, excited. "Beer, food... this!" She pulls out a toy sword that light up and made noise with movement.