pt. tres

Episode : Bobos and Mamitas

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

"Thanks for the azúcar." Schneider says to Lydia, who was handing him the package of sugar.

The elderly woman laughs, "Your accent is still... no good."

"But my salsa moves are, thanks to you. My date's such a huge success, it's still happening."

"Oh, I can't wait to meet her."
"Eh, you probably won't."

As the handyman leaves, the kids walk in.
They all greet their Abuelita and walking inside, yet the woman gasp at Elena.

"Oh... what happened to your face?"

Elena's face was all natural and included her glasses. There was no makeup on her face than the makeup that was on her face this morning. Her hair was now in a messy bun and not curled and styled.

"Um, I took the makeup off after first period, because people started staring at me and all these boys were talking to me, which is the last thing I want." Elena explains.

"I don't understand any words you are saying to me." Lydia tells her granddaughter in complete shock.

In honesty, Andrea agreed with Lydia. Don't get her wrong, she understood and supported how independent Elena was, but she couldn't help but be a bit jealous that boys actually were interested in her.

"It was terrible." Alex says, "My friends were calling her names like cute and pretty."

"She's the cute one." The boy points to Andrea.
"I'm the pretty one in this family!" He refers to himself.

The two kids then blushed from what Alex said, Lydia didn't noticed and smothered the boy, "Yes, you are, papito."

The woman turns back to the situation, "Elena, I thought you were finally listening to me."

"I did listen to you, Abuelita. And I listened to Mom, too. I was very professional. I smiled and nodded and was nice to everyone."

"It looked really unnatural." Alex adds in, before being sweeped away by Andrea, calling him to his room so that they could play the video game on his computer.

Elena continues her story, "I mean, some people still called me Garbage Girl, but I just went" She smiles and nodded, "When inside, I was thinking." She then punched her hand profusely, like what Penelope did the other day. "So, thank you."

Lydia chuckles, "Oh, you're welcome, mija. So, tomorrow, we try the makeup again?"

"No, Abuelita, I tried it and I didn't like it."

"Oh, honey. This morning I saw what you could be. The granddaughter I have always wanted."

The girl was taken back from this and was hurt by her grandmother's word, "I wish you would've said that in Spanish, so I didn't understand it."

As she gets up to leave, Lydia realizes her mistake, "Oh, niña, no! No, I didn't mean it like that. No, no."