I got a letter

(Chase POV)

I am making breakfast for the entire family on a Thursday morning. I am juggling between cooking scrambled eggs and frying bacon. I was not the best cook but I have been getting better. I used an old cooking book to make new recipes for the family. I did not get any complaints about my cooking. I am also used to my accent now.

'Ding dong'

"Boy! Go get the door!" I turned the stove off and ran to the front door. I opened the door to see no one there. I saw a small stack of mail sitting in front of the door. I picked it up to see a letter addressed to me on the top. I looked behind me to see if the Dursleys were still in the kitchen. I tucked the letter in the side of my pants and put my shirt over it. I locked the door then walked back into the kitchen. I sat the mail in front of Vernon and went back to the stove.

"The bills just keep piling up in this house," Vernon said. I reached for the top cupboard for plates when I felt a hand on my waist.

"Daddy! Harry's got a letter!" I turned around quickly. I tried to take the letter back but Vernon grabbed the letter from Dudley.

"Who would write to you?" Vernon inspected the envelope with a tight face. Petunia leaned next to him in shock. Lastly, Dudley looked confused. Vernon ripped up the only piece of mail in front of me. He stood up.

"Go to your room!" I jumped from his voice to run into my cage. Damn it, I should have put the letter in my cage. I know that was my Hogwarts letter. I saw the big H seal on the back of it. I am glad more letters will be coming for me. I smiled a little to myself in my cramped cage.