The dreadful sorting (Part 2)

(Chase's POV)

"Potter, Harry!" I jumped from my name being shouted. I walked slowly in front of everyone that stared at me in wonder. I heard them whispering among themselves. I sat down in the chair. The hat was placed on my head.

"Hmmm, interesting mind indeed! Harry Potter! I see a house that would be best suited for you which would not be a surprise." I closed my eyes trying to not mess up the timeline too much.

"It has to be...." I bit my lip in anticipation of the house being sorted for me.

"Slytherin!" My eyes open to see everyone staring at me in shock and there is no applause, smiles, or a single movement in the room from the announcement of my house. 

I stood up to remove the hat and walk to an empty seat at the Slytherin table. Dumbledore stood up to become the new attention in the room.

"Students! Let's be kind to each other and let the feast begin!" A wave of a hand unveiled hot food on the table. Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, candy, pies, and more that I would love to indulge in it if I did not have a pit in my stomach. I guess being in the body of the main character would start to take an effect sooner or later.

I felt my eyes on the left of me. I turn to see Draco Malfoy with a smirk and pointed finger. He laughed next to Crabbe and Goyle. I just look down at my empty plate to wait until dinner was over. An hour later, I moved from my seat with the other first-year Slytherins to our dorm room. I am put in a room with  Draco Malfoy and two other boys.

"Well, Well, if it isn't true. Harry Potter being sorted in Slytherin, does it turn your stomach?" I opened my luggage ignoring Draco's comment.

"Draco, isn't it obvious that his parents are turning in their grave. House of Slytherin being stained in bad wizards and witches." I lay out my pajamas for the night as I continue to ignore them. They laugh loudly behind my back.

"Shut it! Both of you!" I get out my toothbrush and toothpaste.

"Pucey don't ruin the fun. We were just teasing Potter. Come on Zabini, let's join the others for a little talk." Draco and "Zabini" left me alone with the annoyed roommate.

"Thank Merlin! They were a pain!" He opened his suitcases to throw clothes on his bed. I turn to look at him from the side to see short black curly hair, full lips, and green eyes. Suddenly, his eyes turn in my direction which made me look away.

"Famous Harry Potter in the house of snakes, that's a laugh. Did you even want to be in this house?" I take out my clothes for tomorrow and shut the suitcase closed.

"The quiet type I see. You will fit in here perfectly." He left me with a smirk before leaving me alone in the room.

I sat on my bed, not knowing how to proceed after being selected for Slytherin. I did not say "no" to the sorting hat. I never chose a house at all. I know that Harry almost got put into Slytherin in the movies. I messed everything up for canon Harry and now, I do not know how to fix it. I laid back on my bed to come up with two options for myself: embrace or fight. How do I pick the right one?