I have been waiting for you

(Chase's POV)

(Wand in mm)

Hagrid and I walked to the wand shop, a few doors down. I licked my ice cream in earnest under the beaming sun.

"Hagrid, why is it not melting?" I asked the big man in curiosity. He turned to me with a beard smeared in strawberry ice cream.

"The wizard at the ice cream shop put a freezing spell on the ice cream for it to last longer." Hagrid digs back into a double scoop of strawberry sweetness. I wonder how long the spell lasts on ice cream? I asked myself internally. I continue to lick my ice cream as I held my new owl. Hagrid told me that this is a female owl, a special breed from the north in a midnight coat. I was dazzled by the sight of her. She is a beautiful bird that a name like "Hedwig" is not good enough for her. I will call her...

"Harry, we are here!" I look away from the birdcage to see Hagrid pointing at the shop behind him. The sign reads 'Ollivanders wand shop' in big gold letters.

"You can take your ice cream inside, Harry. I will wait outside with the owl." I took a deep breath to walk inside the shop. The bells chime in my presence. An old pale face peeks around the corner.

"Hello, how can I help you?" I walk in front of him to see a short pale hair rousing a wrinkle-sweet face.

"Hi, I am here for a wand," I said licking my ice cream cone. He leaned closer to me.

"You look familiar. Do I know you?" I shook my head at him.

"No, I do not think so," I said to make him lean back from me. He walks to the back and searched through boxes.

"Try this one." He handed me a long brown wand.

"Now, give it a flick." I followed his words and the wand made a light bulb blow out.

"Nope, not that one." He ran back to grab a wand in dark maple that felt unfamiliar like the last one.

"Give it a try." I flick the wand at nearby shelves that flew open to cough up a ton of papers.

"No, this one is not connecting to you..." I moved my hair out of my face as he talks to me.

"It is you!" He slammed his back against the rows of wands. I almost dropped my ice cream in fright from the noise.

"We are going to try one last wand." He walks slowly to a back room that had no light, only sound from his footsteps. He brings back a wooden case.

"Mr. Harry Potter, I been waiting to give you this." He opens the box and pushes it across the counter to me. I look inside to see a silver wand in a twirl structure that has a black diamond base.

"Cool!" I touch the wand to feel a shiver down my spine.

"Grab it and give it a flick." I pick up the wand to feel a magnificent light going through me. I drop my ice cream to the floor as my body levitated in front of Ollivander. After a few minutes, my body drops to the floor. I heard footsteps walking my way. The wand seller picks me up from the floor.

"Well, I am glad this wand has found its home. How do you feel?" he asked leaning me against the wall.

"I feel...... like it belongs to me. I am complete now." I said looking towards the wand still in the wooden box. He pats my shoulders in glee.

"Good, good. You can take the case with you. I am going on a lunch break for an hour." I am a little out of breath.

"How much do I owe you?" he shook a finger at me in disagreement.

"Not a penny. Take good care of this wand. An owner of the Peverell line should have no trouble." I look down at the wand to close the case.

"Yes but..." My green eyes found the wandmaker to be gone as if he disappeared in thin air. I grab the case and left the shop without a second glance.

Hagrid stood across from the shop, holding my pretty bird. I would like to call her "Crimson" from the color of her eyes. She is unique and rare like the wand in the case. I walk over to them.

"How did it go, Harry?" I gave Hagrid a big smile.

"Excellent, I found the right wand for me. Thank you for helping me Hagrid." I gave him a big hug that he returned in earnest.

"No problem. Are you in the mood for meat pies?" I look up at him in curiosity.

"What is a meat pie?" I asked the big man. He hands me the beautiful bird as the other hand gripped my shoulder.

"Come on, let's go to the three broomsticks to indulge ourselves. It is my treat on your birthday." He said leading me down to the place for meat pies. I have most of my supplies for Hogwarts, I just hope that I am not stuck here for years. Harry deserves this journey for over seven years. In the meantime, I will keep his seat warm. I just hope to return to the real world one day.