The dreadful sorting (part 1)

(Chase POV)

We filed out of the train onto the platform to see Hagrid holding a lantern in a meaty hand.

"First years! Follow me!" Ron eagerly hooked a pale hand onto my robe sleeve in anticipation to get to Hogwarts. I let him drag me into a line that was a mile long. We walked in the line for a few minutes until a dock appear through the fog, unsealing small boats. Ron and I hopped into a boat with two other students. They chatted happily among themselves as Ron began to talk my ear off.

"I hope this boat goes fast so we can get sorted and eat some food. I am starving!" I leaned forward in a huff to the running mouth of Ronald Weasley. The boat moved fucking slow on the waters to Hogwarts. Young faces glowed in happiness as I sit bored.

———————-(One hour later)——————

Finally! We arrive at the giant magical castle that is in the middle of somewhere in Europe. I was the first to jump off the boat to run into the crowd, I could not handle Ron's rambling anymore. Everyone enter the castle to stop in front of a stone staircase stood an impatient Professor McGonagall.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule-breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." She said with a serious face. Someone nudged my arm on the right side.

"Trying to get rid of me?" Ron whispered to me. I turn to him.

"No, you are just a slow walker." I laughed lowly.

"What house do you want to be in?" He asked me.

"I am not sure which house, I just know any house will be a marvelous adventure." Ron tilted his head to the side.

"Trevor!" We turned to the front to see Neville picking up his toad. Professor McGonagall gave him a strange look. I laughed out loud at the scene. She cleared her throat.

"The sorting ceremony is about to begin. Everyone follow me into the main hall to be sorted into your respected houses." Everyone followed closely behind her into the main hall for sorting. Four long wooden tables sat under floating candles and a mystical night sky. I kept staring up at it as I walk along with everyone. Professor McGonagall stops in front of a stool that sits a worn pointy dark brown hat.

"Will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." She said turning to Professor Dumbledore who stood up to speak. He has a long white beard and hair. The blue and white robes matched his silver pointy hat.

"I have a few starts of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the 3rd-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds for everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He sat down slowly after the words to let Professor McGonagall open a long scroll.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." Ron bounced next to me in excitement.

" Granger Hermione," big bushy curls reluctantly moved to the front to sit on the stool. Can the hat just place her in Gryffindor already?

"I think she is a little mental," Ron said to me.

The hat sat on her head to quietly talk to the brainiac girl. It took a few minutes for a house name to be shouted out.

"Ravenclaw!" My eyes almost popped out of my head. Ravenclaw?!? What the fuck?!?! Hermione smiled walking towards the Ravenclaw table that applauded a new member of their house.

"Bones Susan," Ron let out an exhale while I was still in shock.

"I am glad she is not in Gryffindor." I could not even respond. What changed? Ron, Harry, and Hermione all go to Gryffindor.

"Malfoy Draco," Will he go to Slytherin? He smirked walking to the sorting hat that barely touched his head to scream,

"Slytherin!" I hear cheers as I stood contemplating next to Ron.

"Weasley Ronald," He pats my arm walking up to the sorting hat. He pulled a face of worry as the hat talked to him. Will he get put in a house that was not canon in the series?

"Gryffindor!" Ron smiled large as he walked to the table giving me a smile in passing.

"Potter Harry," oh shit, it is my turn. What house will I be in? Should I choose a house?

////////