⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀𝒊. 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞
━━ 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍

     Reagan descended the train, pushing her heavy trunk behind her and panting due to the effort. Around her, a sea of legs advanced, without stopping to help the petite girl that was clearly struggling with such a big container. Ultimately, and in order to stop her from blocking the way, a conductor helped her unload her trunk and put it into a small cart, so it would be easier for her to carry.

     By the time the suitcase was settled, she had already struggled so much that her hat was falling off her head and her breathing was agitated.

     "Do you need help?" she heard an all too familiar voice in front of her, making her raise her eyes. There, just before her, was a black-haired boy she had not seen during the whole Summer, and whom she had missed like crazy.

     "Thomas!" she smiled, leaving the cart in the middle of the platform and running to hug the boy. He picked her up, spinning her around a couple of times, and putting her back on the floor, just before leaving a soft kiss on her lips. "I have missed you so much."

     "I have missed you too, darling," he smiled, seeing the beautiful face of the now brunette girl, "come on, let's see your new dorm."

     As Thomas picked her cart, she fixed her little beret and joined her boyfriend, exiting the train station and joining the rest of the university students that returned to their routines after a three months of enjoying the little sun that had arrived to England. It was nearly impossible to see amidst all the heads in the crowd, so Reagan simply got hold of the cart and walked alongside Thomas, hoping that he knew where he was going.

     It took them nearly twenty minutes to enter the beautiful building Reagan loved so dearly. As the boy picked up her trunk from the cart and started carrying it upstairs, assuring the girl that he could do it without problem; Reagan, on the other hand, practically ran to what was supposed to be her new home for that school year. 

     Opening the door, she revealed the small but cozy appartment, with white walls and brown wooden furniture, just how Reagan liked it. She screeched in excitement and, leaving the door wide open so Thomas could enter her trunk, she walked through the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom, observing every single detail in pure amazement. She passed her hand through the courtains and the now-bare mattress on her bed, smiling.

     "Hey, Tom, look," she called for her boyfriend from inside the bedroom, "I have a bigger bed this year!"

     "Oh,  I can finally sleep over instead of having you in my dorm the whole year," she mocked at her, causing Reagan to stick our her tongue. She sat on the bed, Thomas taking a seat by her side and softly caressing her thigh. "I missed you a lot."

     "And I missed you too. I wished you could have came home with me for some days," he sighed, leaning over to kiss the girl. He deepened the kiss, putting his hand on the back of the girl's head, playing with the end of her necklace, as he always used to do. They stayed there for some minutes, simply enjoying each other, until Reagan cut the kiss.

     "I almost forgot!" she exclaimed, startling her boyfriend, and stood up from the bed. "I brought you a gift." 

     She reached for her purse, which laid abandonned in one corner of the kitchen's counter, and opened, looking for something. She had reminded herself all the journey on the train that she had that in there, because she knew how forgetful she was. After a couple of seconds of looking through the accessory, she took out a little bag and handed it to the boy.

     "You told me that you collect keychains and I... maybe it's not what you expected but I saw this at this little local shop I used to go a lot when I was younger and it reminded me of us," she smiled, now doubting her choice of present. Thomas, on the other hand, grinned and looked at her in utter admiration, thanking her over a thousand times for the little gift.

     He stood up, kissing her again and leading her to the bed. He climbed on top of her, lifting her skirt softly with one hand and causing goosebumps on the girl's bare skin. And there they remained for a couple of hours, enjoying each other.