⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒊𝒙. 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
━━ 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔

     The three Pevensie siblings and Reagan spent two hours around the table, playing a board game and joking around. Edmund and Reagan, who had teamed up, were miserably losing against Peter and Lucy and the latter was having the time of her life taunting them both.

     "I always knew we were the superior team. Ex-couple connection could never beat sibling connection," she let out before even noticing what she had said. The table felt silent for a second, but Reagan quickly brushed off the topic with hopes of the reunion not becoming weird.

     "You are only winning because you, Lucy Pevensie, are the Queen of cheating at games," she laughed, making the rest of the participant imitate her gesture. Reagan knew this from experience, recalling the Narnian card games they had played back during their stay at the Dawn Treader. 

    The game lasted as long as Peter's patience lasted. In his behalf Reagan admitted that The Landlord's Game, which Peter had gifted Lucy some birthdays ago, could be an infuriating game. Afterwards, Reagan offered to cook supper for the three of them, reminding them that they had never tried her mother's delicious potato soup and claiming that it was only fair for her to cook, since they were going to let her sleep there that night. Although it took her a while to convince them that she did want to cook and did not do it out of pure committment, she was soon in the kitchen with Lucy showing her where everything was.

     Reagan had always loved cooking; it had been a source of entertainment ever since she was a child. Her mother used to tell her that she had to learn to cook so she could surprise her father when he came back from the war. Caspian used to show her Narnian recipes that he had eaten as a child and, even if she could not replicate the recipes due to lack of ingredients, she still held onto the memories. Her father used to tell her that the key to a man was his stomach. And at that moment, she wanted to treat her friends to a warm and cozy soup.

    Edmund interrupted her concentration by entering the kitchen for a glass of water. "That smells amazing, Re," he complimented her as he approached the kitchen counter. 

     "Do you want to taste it? You know your siblings more than I do."

     Edmund nodded with a smile as Reagan loaded a spoon with some potato soup. She blowed softly to avoid the boy from burning himself and then approached the utensil to his mouth, carefully placing her hand under it to catch any possible food residue that could fall on the floor. As soon as Edmund tasted the food, an even bigger smile appeared on his face; in turn, Reagan's eyes lit up as if she was seeing the most beautiful thing in the world. And in a way, she was. She had always loved Edmund's smile and she loved even more being the reason for it.

      And not much later, the four of them were sat around the table once once more, the soft steam from the soup warming their faces. 

     "How come you are here then?" Reagan asked Peter, who had not revealed the motive of his visit yet.

     "Edmund and Lucy wrote a six-page letter just to tell me that you have reunited," he commented after swallowing his soup. "They practically forced me to come and see you."

     Reagan let out a soft laugh, appreciative of her friend's words, "well, I'm glad to see you, Peter."

     It was already two a.m. and Lucy and Reagan were still wide awake. Ever since they got to bed, they had been talking nonstop about everything and anything at the same time. You would think that, in a week of constantly seeing each other, they would have ran out of topics to talk about and gossip, but nothing could be further from the truth.

     "And is Thomas okay with you hanging out with us so much?"

     "Why wouldn't he be?" Reagan looked at her friend with furrowed brows.

     "I don't know. Some boys would not like their girlfriend haging out with their ex-boyfriend."

     "Oh, he..." the older girl hesitated for a second, "he doesn't know, actually."

     This caught Lucy by surprise, who would never have thought that Reagan would hide such a fact from her boyfriend, whom she deeply loved. "He doesn't?"

     "I guess it hasn't come up," she lied straight through her teeth. The topic had come up but she had lied to him, she had told him that they were long lost friends and had never mentioned that Edmund and her used to sneak up to kiss during the night. "Well, it has, but I told him we were friends."

     She couldn't lie to Lucy. This fact, however, surprised her because she had lied to Thomas with such wease that it even worried her. 

     "Well, you were friends," Lucy agreed, seeing her friend's distressed expression. "It was just a teenage romance, nothing serious."

     "Yeah," Reagan nodded absentmindedly, "nothing serious."