⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

━━ 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

     "Mom! Dad! Can you tell us another Narnia story?" the twins pleaded as Edmund and Reagan tucked them into bed. There was little light outside and the fake stars they had put in the bedroom ceiling glowed faintly. At the hearing of those words, a small smile appeared in Edmund's face.

     "Which one do you want today?" he asked, taking a seat besides Margaret and gently stroking her hair.

     "That one about how the king met the princess!" Elisabeth answered from the other bed.

     "We have told you that one a hundred times," Reagan let out a soft laugh, hearing how her daughters told them they did not care. "Alright. Once upon a time, there was this little girl called Reagan..."

     "Like mommy!" Margaret exclaimed, making Edmund nod.

     "Exactly, like mommy. And Reagan had travelled to a land very very far away from where she lived."

     "Narnia!" it was now Elisabet's turn to interrupt.

     "Narnia was the most beautiful of all places," Edmund continued, "and there he was, king Edmund the Just walking with his siblings when he saw her. And in that moment he knew, something felt right, something that had not felt right for a long time."

     When the two girls were finally asleep, Reagan and Edmund kissed them goodnight and exited the light pink room with stars on the ceiling. As soon as they were out and after closing the door, so that the girls would not wake up due to any noise, they walked to the living room and sat together.

     "Every time we tell that story, I thank Aslan for having brought you to Narnia," the raven-haired man whispered in his wife's ear, making her smile.

      "And every time I thank him for having brought you back to me," she replied, like she did every single time. If you had asked her twenty years ago, she would have told you that she did not believe in soulmates but now, how could she not? She knew that her and Edmund were made for one another and that they appeared in each other's lives exactly when they needed it the most. And that was the magic of Narnia, not the fairies, not the centaurs... the fact that they had finally found what they were looking for: someone to love and someone that loved them. 

     Who would have told those two little kids that were fighting a war far too big for them that they would end up together and with a family after all? 

    It is true what they say, Aslan works in mysterious ways and one has only to trust him, because he always knows how to make things work.

lxngbottom speaks!

i can't believe Edmund's and Reagan's story ends here!

i have invested so much time and 
effort in these two characters that
i feel them part of me now and seeing
them finally happy, after everything that
they have had to live makes me want to
ugly cry

anyway, i hope you have liked their journey
finding their way back to each other.
i can now safely say that Edmund and 
Reagan are happy and they will be forever,
which is what they deserve

thank you for accompanying me, Reagan and Edmund
over the course of the years and see you in
my other stories!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 (𝐢𝐢𝐢) | ✔ 🎉