⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐢𝐦

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
━━ 𝒊 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒊𝒎

     Reagan walked mindlessly through the passage of trees that led to her faculty's main doors, the Sun reflecting a soft green light on the floor as it trespassed the still green leaves above her. Her head was still spiraling with the remembrance of that pair of brown eyes that she knew well. It could not have been Edmund, it would have been too much of a coincidence. She must have imagined it, for some reason she still failed to comprehend.

     "What are you thinking about?" Linda asked by her side while waving at Jonah, who was waiting for them at the entrance. The boy received both of them with a soft smile and hugged them shortly, happy to see them again after the Summer. 

     "Just... I do not feel too well," she lied, without any effort, "I think I have a fever."

     "Do you want me to accompany you to your apartment? I can lend you my notes after the lecture," she offered with a smile, but Reagan shook her head and told her that she could sit through a two-hour lecture without fainting. Furthermore, she was beyond excited for her upcoming subject, so there was no chance she would be lying in bed while her friends were listening to her favourite topic.

      When they arrived to class, the trio talking happily about what they had done during the hottest season of the year, they found with joy that there were still empty chairs at the front of the class, just where they liked to seat. Linda, taking Reagan's books, rushed to get seats for them, leaving her friend behind. The class was mostly empty, except for a couple of persons, one of whom could not stop looking at Reagan.

     Under the impression that someone was looking at her, she shifted uncomfortably on her seat, making her friends look at her in worry. Linda took a look around the classroom, quickly making eye-contact with he who was bothering her friend.

     "Is that boy bothering you, because...?" But before she could finish her sentence, Reagan's head was already looking directly at the boy, wooden-coloured eyes connecting with hers.

     The boy sent her a small hopeful smile, making Reagan's lips curl upwards, albeit unintentionally. She must have, indeed, had a high fever, because she was hallucinating once again. Her necklace grew hotter, more than it had previously done, making her hold it between her fingers. 

     As if by the force of a magnet, her eyes travelled to the boy's wrist, where she spotted see a familiar bracelet, now highly worn off and colour gone. And at that moment she knew that she was looking directly at whom she once innocently thought was going to be the love of her life. The very King of the land she had so much adored and once ruled. Edmund Pevensie.

    "Don't worry, I think I know him."

     "I hope you believe in fairies because we are going to talk a lot about them in this class," the professor entered the classroom, writing his name on the blackboard. Reagan gifted Edmund with a last smile as she turned around, ready to become fully acquainted at the folklore of her country.

     "Reagan," she heard a faint voice behind her as she picked her things up. She did not even need to turn around to determine who was speaking to her, she would recognize her name out of that mouth anywhere.

     "Edmund," she whispered, now turning around to face the boy. He had grown a couple of inches, or maybe she was just shorter, but he still had an awfully black hair and piercing dark brown eyes. Those brown eyes she used to get herself lost in, "I must have a really high fever."

     Edmund's brows simply furrowed in confusion, making Reagan smile softly.

     "I must be hallucinating," the girl explained in a near-whisper, afraid of coming down as crazy.

     "I thought the same," he admitted, chuckling. "I came to the realization that I was not when the bracelet nearly melted my flesh."

     "You are still wearing it," she let out in a breathy voice. "Mine warmed up too," she took a small silver chain from underneath her shirt, making Edmund smile widely at the sight of the ring hanging from it. "Aslan does know his ways, huh?"

     "I told you."