⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒙𝒊𝒙. 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
━━ 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

     Reagan and Edmund sat in front of the fireplace, mugs on warm tea in front of them. The boy had his arm wrapped around Reagan while he looked at her as if she held stars in her eyes. Reagan, on the other hand, was telling Edmund about the essay she had just finished writing after weeks of intense work. It did not matter that Edmund knew the topic of the essay by heart, given the fact that they shared classrooms; he would listen to Reagan speak for hours on end, seeing how she stumbled with her words whenever she got a bit too excited.

     "Why are you looking at me like that?" she giggled, feeling Edmund's stare on her and suddenly feeling self-conscious.

     "You are just too beautiful not to look at," he replied, leaving a soft kiss on her temple as the girl smiled. 

     The two of them had gotten used to doing even the most mundane of things together, simply enjoying each other's company and sometimes accompanied by Lucy and her boyfriend, whom they thought was a beautiful person. However, if someone were to ask either of them whether they were dating or not, the answer would be that they just were. For the two now-young adults, the label of being a couple felt too small; they were more than that. They were each other's best friend, the shoulder in which to cry after a long day, the person to laugh with, the confidant... they were Reagan and Edmund. They did not care if others did not understand them.

     Peter and Susan, who decided to visit them after much begging from her three siblings, were not surprised by the news that the two of them had ended up together after having lost sight of each other for so long. Even Susan admitted that she knew Aslan would find the way to bring the two lovers back together. They had even told Eustace, who was ecstating about the event. 

     "Hey, Ed, I have been meaning to ask you something," the girl broke the silence that had taken over them, too busy in each other's eyes to say anything. "Christmas is near and... well, the Christmas holidays are a big thing in my family and I was just wandering if you... and Lucy, Peter, Eustace and Susan even... if you wanted to come. Of course, if you do not want to, you don't have to, honestly."

     "Hey, Re," he whispered, putting his hand on her chin and making her lift her gaze, "we would love to. I would love to because I love you."

     She did not respond. Instead, she just joined their lips softly and quickly. It did not matter how many times she and Edmund had kissed already, the moment their lips touched she felt her interior fill up with all kinds of magic creatures that seemed to be having a party. She was utterly and deeply in love with Edmund Pevensie and she knew that she did not have to worry about getting her heart broken. They mere made for each other.