⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒗𝒊𝒊. 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
━━ 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅

     "I am truly sorry, Thomas, really." Reagan apologized once again, now taking her time to look at the boy, "we honestly lost track of time. We were so focused on the conversation that I did not even realize how late it was."

     Thomas' eyes, however, were fix on the girl's neck. And it was then when Reagan realised that she was still wearing Edmund's scarf, which she was quick to take off and put on the entrance coat rack. She quickly made a mental note to return it to him as soon as she saw him again, not wanting the boy to get cold but knowing that she would probably forget and the scarf would remain in her dorm until he himself remembered her to return it.

     "Don't worry, Reagan, really. I was just worried so I decided to wait here for you."

     "It won't happen again, I promise. And the scarf was just because I was cold, I do not want you to think..." she excused herself, but Thomas interrupted her with a quick kiss on the lips, slightly bending down so she wouldn't have to stand on her tiptoes. 

     "You do not have to explain yourself. I trust you, okay?" Reagan looked directly into his eyes, feeling her heart melt at the sight of his sincere expression. "Tell me, how did it go?"

     As Thomas helped Reagan cook supper with the few ingredients he had bought on his way there, seeing that they had not gone to the shop yet, he attentively listened to her girlfriend, who told him about her afternoon with a giant smile on her face. Reagan was so excited about seeing her friends again that she could not focus on one single task, getting constantly distracted by the story she was telling. However, this did not bother Thomas, who looked at her with his lips slightly curved up in a smile while he cooked for the both of them.

     "Edmund and I used to be very good friends and in my last class, the one I told you I was so excited about, we realised that we actually knew each other," she recalled while chopping up some carrots. "So, over tea, we told each other about our lives these past years that we had lost sight of each other. And he told me that his sister, Lucy, she was my best friend once, had just started college as well so we went to their house and we just spend hours and hours talking and remembering old times. Oh, and Lucy makes an amazing tea. I honestly need to ask her for it."

     "How did you meet them? They surely must live far from your house, since you did not see each other for so long," he inquired, Reagan's palms suddenly becoming sweaty. 

     "Our mothers used to be friends," she lied. Her heart filled with sorrow immediately afterwards: she had lever lied to Thomas before. She had never had the need to, but she had no other choice at the moment. She could not tell him about a faraway fantastic land which they used to rule. "Maybe you could come with us and meet them properly sometime."

     "I am so happy to see you this happy," Thomas left the pan on the counter as she turned Reagan around and left a quick kiss on her lips, "and I hope you never lose this beautiful smile. You are too pure for this world."

     "So I've been told," she whispered, the adjective immediately bringing a myriad of memories to her mind. It had been a while since anyone had referred to her as 'pure' and hearing it again made her feel warm inside.

     That night, Reagan could not sleep. She heard Thomas' peaceful breathing next to her and felt his arm around her waist but her eyes remained wide open. Her mind raced a thousand miles per hour, all the memories she had tried to repress suddenly coming back to her. 

     Coming back from Narnia and having to re-adapt to her normal life had been one of the hardest things Reagan had had to face in her short life. Having to accept that she would not see Edmund and Lucy again or that Caspian was gone for good, that she would never return to the land she had so deeply fallen in love with had really taken a toll on her. She had forced herself to forget and now she was being forced to face all the memories once again.

𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 -  𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 (𝐢𝐢𝐢) | ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें