⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒙𝒗. 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
━━ 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆

     Needless to say, Thomas had not visited Reagan's apartment since they had "fought" over Edmund and their own relationship. It had been hard for the two of them, who had been basically attached by the hip ever since they met each other in their first day of university, to not see or talk to each other in such a long time. That morning, the morning before her birthday gathering, Reagan left everything aside to go visit the boy she cared for so deeply.

     Technically speaking, both of them were still a couple and they had not mentioned their disagreement to anyone, in hopes of maybe overcoming that obstacle and returning to being the perfect couple they had always been. However, both of them knew, deep inside them, that there were some things that could not be fixed that easily.

     That Saturday, Reagan awoke early and, after getting dressed, got out of her apartment. Picking up two coffees and two pastries in her way, she walked towards the boy's building and walked up the stairs, knocking on his door. After a few minutes, Thomas appeared with his pyjamas still on and his hair messy.

     "Did I wake you up?"

    "Don't worry. What happens?"

     "I brought breakfast," the girl half-smiled, pleading for the boy to answer with a smile. "I thought that maybe..."

     "Yeah, sure," he opened the door, his mouth barely moving. She was already regretting her plan, but she continued with it nevertheless. 

     Reagan sat on the kitchen table, where she knew Thomas liked to eat, and offered him one coffee and a pastry. After some minutes eating in silence, with no other noise but the chewing and the birds outside, she decided to speak.

     "I... you know that... tonight's my birthday party and... I was wondering if you still wanted to come?"

     "Reagan I... do you think it is a good idea?" he doubted, still without smiling. 

     "Please, Thomas. I couldn't bear to see that you were not there."

     The boy in front of here sighed, doubtful. He really wanted to go, to spend time with the girl he so much liked, but he did not know whether he would be able to stand the obvious chemistry she had with the raven-haired boy that had recently arrived to their lives and turned everything upside-down. After a while, he smiled sadly, "okay, I'll go. For a bit at least."

     Reagan, thrilled at hearing him, got up from her chair and hugged him tightly, putting her arms around his neck, just as she did everytime she hugged her. She had always liked how Thomas lifted her off the ground, making her kick her feet on the air. He, however, remain still, simply leaning down to hug her, instead of picking her up. Reagan could barely hide her disappointment, but she was not the one to complain, she knew she had hurt Thomas and that it would take her some time to regain his trust.

     They did not speak much more the time they remained together. Instead, they ate their breakfast in a very much uncomfortable silence and, then, Reagan left, sensing that Thomas really did not want to be with her at that precise moment. Could she blame him, though? After all, it was her who had written that she wished Edmund and her would have never been forced to break up, that they could remain together.