⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀𝒊𝒊. 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨
━━ 𝒎𝒚 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

     Reagan's alarm clock went off early in the morning, startling her and nearly making her fall from the bed. She had been in the middle of a beautiful dream, talking with little animals and hearing nature's sounds, but that had been interrupted by the prospection of the first day back at university.

She remained in bed for a couple more minutes, trying to remember her dream exactly. Seeing as she was completely unable to, she stood up and slowly got ready, yawning a couple of times in the process. As she was tying her boot, a soft knock sounded on the door, so Reagan took her backpack and opened, only to reveal a well-known face.

"Good morning, sunshine," Thomas greeted her, kissing her cheek softly.

"Good morning, handsome," she replied, smiling and closing the door after her. It had become a custom of them for the boy to pick up Reagan every morning, knowing fully well that she might get distracted with even the smallest thing and be late to her classes. They intertwined their hands and walked down the hallway, Reagan smiling to any person that passed them. So far, she had seen no familiar faces, which she hoped changed once she arrived to her first class.

It was not a long walk between her appartment and her faculty, but it was enough for her to enjoy her time with Thomas, something she did every time they were together.

"My building is on the other side but do you want to have lunch together?" the boy asked her as they arrived to the building where her classes were held. She nodded and, after a not-so-quick kiss, they both parted ways.

She walked through the big wooden doors, her boots immediately making a sound as she walked through the cold black and white floors. The hallways were not too crowded, which made it easier for the girl to find her first class. It did not take her more than ten minutes and, once she did, she let out a sigh of relief at the sight of only three seats being occupied. Recognizing a blond head in the front rows, she walked towards it and took a seat.

"Good morning," she smiled, the girl immediately turning to look at her with the same expression.

"Reagan!" she exlaimed, embracing the petite girl, "I missed you. How was your Summer?"

"It was not much. My family and I did go on a trip to Oxford, though. How was yours? You must be ecstatic to have your brother back home," she looked at Linda, who nodded.

Their conversation went on for a couple sentences more, until Reagan flinched all of a sudden. Linda, looking worriedly at her, asked her what the matter was. "It felt as if my necklace was hot but it must have been my own imagination. It is rather early still."

However, before they had time to comment on the issue any more, the professor entered the classroom and began introducing them to the subject.

When their lunch time arrived, Linda and Reagan exited the building, excitedly commenting their classes so far and revising the poetry book they were to read that week. As soon as she saw Thomas's familiar brown sweater, she waved goodbye to Linda, appointing to see each other in that same spot after lunch, and joined the boy.

"How was your first day back?"

"Oh, it was great. I only had two classes but I absolutely loved them," she smiled, "I have to read this book for next week's class. There are some truly beautiful poems in it. There is this particular one that reminded me of you, you have to read it."

"You can read them to me tonight, yes?", he smiled, kissing her cheek softly and walking towards the lunch hall. Even if it was not their favourite place, and they would most likely not return in the whole semester, they knew that the feast prepared for the first day was outstanding so Thomas picked up their food while Reagan looked for a table.

Once again, it felt as if her necklace was getting warm, which made her hold it in her hand just to check if that was the case. And it indeed was. Still holding it, she scanned the room for a table, which she found not far from her. In the way, however, her eyes connected to what looked like a pair of eyes that she had seen before.

The boy's gaze lingered on her for some seconds as well, not believing his eyes either. None of them moved, unsure of what to do. It seemed like a hallucination for both of them. Reagan, however, snapped out of it as Thomas passed besides her, leading her to an empty table. Convincing herself that she had just seen an apparition, sat besides the dark-haired boy and started eating, quickly getting lost in the conversation.

Edmund, on the other hand, stayed in his spot, completely frozen still.