⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
━━ 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

      It had been a week since Reagan, Edmund and Lucy had re-entered each others' lives for the first time and, since then, they had seen each other almost every day. Thomas had joined them on a couple of occasions but his degree kept him so busy that he hardly had time for Reagan alone. The girl, however, did not mind, seeing how happy her boyfriend was before the prospect of becoming a doctor one day. 

     She had always admired his eagerness to help other people and wished that she could have the same desire. Instead, she would much rather bury herself in poems and novels, wishing that she could surrounded by the landscape Wordsworth described in his writings.

      That day, however, was special because Edmund and Lucy had told Reagan that they had a surprise for her. The girl had been talking about it with Thomas ever since she learnt that information, unable to stop her mind from running a thousand miles an hour while trying to guess what the surprise might be. So much was that he had even asked her to stop so he could study.

     "Sorry, honey," he smiled to her, seeing how Reagan had shut up completely and her eyes had fallen to her hands, "but I really need to learn this. How about you tell me all about it when you come back?"

     "Sorry," she replied with an apologetic gesture, "I just really love surprises and Edmund knows me so well that I don't really know what to expect. Do you want me to help you study?"

     But they had not been studying for ten minutes when someone knocked at the door. Reagan bolted up from her seat and opened it, only to reveal Lucy. The girl was standing there, a big smile on her face and ready to hug her friend, whom she loved deeply. For the girls, it was as if no time had passed at all, with the exception that Reagan did not blush while talking about Edmund anymore. Instead, Thomas and Robert, whom had all the chances of becoming Lucy's boyfriend, usually became the centre of their conversations.

     "Good afternoon, Thomas," Lucy greeted the boy while Reagan took her coat and hat. "Are you sure that it is okay if Reagan sleeps at my house tonight? We really do have this amazing surprise for her."

     "Absolutely," he flashed a smile, focusing on his books again after Reagan left a kiss on his lips. "I do need to study anyway so no problem."

     The two girls exited the building and walked, hand in hand, towards the Pevensie household for the year. Reagan hardly remembered a time in which she had been so nervous, not even when she had been forced to dance with Caspian in front of the whole Narnian court. No matter how many times she asked, Lucy would not say a word as to what was waiting for them in her little home. 

     After some minutes (which seemed like hours to Reagan), they stopped in front of the brown door and Lucy opened it, inviting her to enter. As soon as she stepped one foot inside the warm household, Reagan heard a voice that she thought she would never hear again. Edmund, followed by a taller blond boy, walked into the entrance hall and Reagan could feel her heart warming.

     The boy, now man, let out a smile as she saw the petite girl. He had grown up quite a lot since they had last seen each other but he still had those icy blue eyes that made it look as if he could see just through you. Neither of them were too sure about what to do but, after a couple of seconds of expectation, he walked towards Reagan and both of them engulfed in a much needed hug.

     "I can't believe how much you've grown!" Peter exclaimed, twirling the girl in the air. "It seems like it  has been a whole life since I last saw you."

     "In a way, it has," the girl laughed. "I'm so happy to see you, Peter."