⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒗. 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
━━ 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

     The walk there was a pleasant one. The weather was still fairly warm during the afternoons, something not common in England, and Edmund and Reagan took those minutes to engage in a fruitful conversation about what they had been doing since they lost sight of each other. 

     Soon enough, Reagan found herself in front of the Pevensies' little home. Edmund introduced his key in the dark brown door, telling Reagan that Lucy would no doubt be in her room studying. In that respect, the two girls looked alike, he joked, earning a soft blow from her.

     "Edmund, the next time you leave your clothes...!" they heard the youngest Pevensie's voice coming down the stairs. But she stopped on her tracks once she saw who was standing at the door, with a smile on her face, "Reagan!"

     The two girls engulfed in a hug under Edmund's soft expression. He had never imagined that he would see the two girls together again. In fact, he had lost all hopes of seeing her again, even believed that she would have forgotten about him. He tried so hard to do the same, but a first love is not so easily forgotten and less still when she had been the one to make him forget his status as "family traitor". Deep down, he knew she still had a large piece of his heart, and she took it with her after leaving the Dawn Treader and after visiting Narnia for the last time.

     "I cannot believe how much you have grown, Lu," Reagan gave a hand to the girl and made her twirl. "That dress is outstanding. Gosh, you are absolutely gorgeous."

     "I should be the one to say that," she returned the compliment with a huge smile on her face. "You have no idea how much I missed you. I have so much to tell you."

     The three then decided to have a nice cup of warm tea and some biscuits in the living room while updating each other in their respective lives. However, as Reagan stepped into the room, she noticed a very familiar painting hanging in one of the walls. She approached it, as if drawn by the delicate strokes that composed the pictures, and stopped in front of it, admiring the figure.

     "You do recognize it, right?" a masculine voice asked from behind her, startling her, "sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

     The girl laughed in response and turned around to look at the boy's brown eyes. "Of course I recognize it. I spent weeks in this ship, I came very near to hating it. I was about to throw myself off the ship and then you appeared," she remembered with a nostalgic smile.

     "Out of all the adventures in Narnia, I think the Dawn Treader might have been my favourite," he smiled, putting himself besides the girl and looking at the painting as well.

    "I thought the war against King Miraz was much better," she fought back. "Never forget 'and you are bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age'."

     "Oh yeah, how could I forget that time that you nearly ended up dead?"

     "Edmund, if I had a sword with me right now, I would not hesitate to fight you," she remarked, making the two of them laugh. "I don't know, this picture makes me feel at home."

     "You miss it like us?" Lucy talked from behind them, locating herself at the other side of the girl.

     "It... it took me a while but... I think I can live with it now," she admitted, "I like to remember it from time to time but I try not to think about it too much."

     "Yeah... it can be hard at first but... you get accustomed to losing it all," Edmund sighed. "I remember when we first came back that it took months for Peter to understand that everybody treated him as a child because he was a child again. He was so used to bossing everyone around."

     Reagan laughed softly, following Lucy, who had already taken a seat in the sofa, "I can imagine. You get to grow up twice. But hey, at least you have twice the knowledge."

     "I kind of keep hoping for Aslan to call us back, even if I know that that's not going to happen," Lucy spoke, taking a sip of the still hot tea. "I always tell Eustace to keep an eye for him in case he goes back, tell him to please let us stay for some time. Just a little visit. I need the fairies to fix my hair."

    "I would literally pay thousands of pounds for a dryad-made dress," the two girls lauged. "And a sword. Gosh, how I miss that feeling."

     "You say that now but when I taught you back when we were fighting Caspian's uncle, you were a pain in the arse."

     "Edmund!" Reagan laughed, softly hitting the boy's arm, "to be fair, I was a still young innocent child having to use a deadly instrument that weighted more than I did so we could fight creatures that I thought only existed in books."

     Lucy's eyes travelled to Reagan's hands, where she saw the girl playing with a small golden band that wrapped perfectly around her finger, a small flower sticking from it. "I love your ring, Re. Where did you buy it?"

     "Oh," she smiled, looking down at it and handing it to Lucy, "Thomas bought it for me some months ago."

     "Who's Thomas?"

     "My boyfriend," she blushed slightly, still not used to saying that word, "we've been dating for nearly a year now."