⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒗𝒊. 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱
━━ 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

     Contrary to what Reagan had thought, the conversation flowed smoothly the whole afternoon. Despite all the time they had been apart, the three of them felt as if no time had passed and as if they were still as connected as they used to be in their times of Narnia. I guess that ruling over a completely different world creates bonds that cannot be broken easily. So much was the case that, by the time they realised what time it was, they had been sitting there for hours, the teacups now empty and the sky dark outside.

     "Please, come visit more often Re," Lucy smiled, hugging her long lost friend once more, "I sure would love some feminine company."

     "Am I not enough?" Edmund gasped, making the girls laugh. 

     "You are the reason why I need feminine company."

      After Reagan promised to visit again soon and once they agreed to see Reagan's dorm as well, Reagan and Edmund stepped into the dark street. The girl looked at the sky above them, the moon gracing them with a dim light and a couple of stars looking after them from the distance. Edmund smiled, seeing the girl's eyes shine under the starry sky, remembering how much she had always loved pointing out at the constellations above them. A shiver ran down Reagan's spine two minutes into the walk back. 

     "I told you to get one of Lucy's coats before leaving," Edmund shook his head while smiling at the sight of the petite girl hugging herself for warmth.

     "It wasn't cold during the day!"

     "Take this," he finally surrendered with a chuckle, taking out his scarf and putting it around the girl's neck, helping her tie it tightly enough so it wouldn't fall. He stared into her eyes, those he knew so well and had missed so deeply. They were so close that the soft mist coming out of Reagan's mouth due to the contrast with the cold night's air hit his face. The boy laughed softly, seeing how the girl's nose was already red.

     "You're going to get cold," she pouted, worried about her friend's state.

     "Unlike you, I put a sweater on. I am perfectly armoured against cold."

     "I see your cockiness has not changed, King Edmund," she smiled, remembering the first time the both of them had met.

     "And I see your habit of not listening to the King has not changed either, princess Reagan."

     Both of them continued walking side by side, chatting about whatever came to mind (which was not much after a whole afternoon of catching up), until they arrived to Reagan's dorm. Edmund made sure to accompany her to her very door, since one could never be too careful and specially during the night. 

     "Thomas?" The girl asked at the sight of a(nother) raven-haired boy sitting in front of her door. His back was put against the wall, but his countenance was far from angry. Instead, he kept his characteristic shiny smile that had got them through many doors. "Did something happen?"

     "We had agreed to have dinner together," he reminded her, the smile still not leaving his face. "So I figured I would wait for you here."

     "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. We just got lost in conversation. I reunited with my first best friend and..."

     "Hey, it's okay, darling," he got up from the floor and pecked her lips. "Thanks for walking her home, mate."

     "No problem," Edmund returned the smile and let his eyes travel to the girl. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

     "Definitely," the girl replied with a sincere smile. "Sleep tight, Ed."

     The boy's heart skipped a beat at the hearing of the nickname. A nickname he had remembered a thousand times since he had last heard it, a nickname that made him feel at home. But before he could reply, Reagan was opening her door and walking inside alongside Thomas.

     His whole way back, Edmund let his mind travel to Narnia, a place in which he had felt both awesomely great and terribly bad. A place in which he had been treated as both traitor and king. He remembered the whispers behind his back, all a result of those turkish delights he so much hated now, but Reagan had never judged him. She had never treated him differently, nor for good nor for bad. He had always been Edmund around her, something that not many people had the opportunity of saying.