Chapter 16: Lies

"Are you sure about this? Well I mean, won't Michael be worried?" Liam asked as he spread a thin blanket across his couch.

I didn't go home after the accident. I was afraid of what Michael would have done to me if he found out I destroyed my moms car again. After Niall left me in the ambulance, Liam was the only one I felt I could call. He was the only friend who had a shoulder I could cry on. And so he came and picked me up, I was staying at his place tonight.

"I called Michael and told him I was staying the night at a friend's house to study for exams" I said. I took a breath as I dropped on the couch.

"And he's okay with you staying at a boy's house?" He asked, sitting next to me.

"If he asks, your name is Lana" I smiled. We both laughed. Liam turned on the T.V to the news channel. I wasn't necessarily interested in watching anything but it was more for the background silence.

"You never really told me what happened" Liam mentioned, staring at the tv. I had been battling wether to tell Liam about Harry or not. I know he'd know what to do but I couldn't risk letting Harry find out I told them. I stayed silent, pretending like I didn't hear him. "It's Harry, isn't it?" Liam asked.

"Are you seriously reading my mind?" I asked, a little angrily. As much as I secretly wanted him to read what I wanted to say, it was really annoying. Even my mind isn't safe anymore.

"No, I'd never do that without your permission" he promised me. That's what I liked about Liam. He was considerate.

"Then how did you-"

"I know about Harry being in jail" he said.

I turned my head, confused and surprised all at once. "You- you knew?"

"Well I was driving down town earlier today when I saw you come out of the police station with Harry" Liam said. I looked down at my fiddling fingers on my lap.

"If I tell you, you can't tell anyone else. I could mean life or death for me" I warned Liam. He gave me a weird look but shook it off and nodded. I took a long deep breath, still hesitating to tell him. "Something's wrong with Harry, I think he's... possessed" it all poured out at once.

He snorted, "possessed? Rose, I know Harry's a little messed up in the head but possessed is a strong word"

"Liam this is serious! It all adds up. The attitude, jail, his eyes-"

"Eyes? What about his eyes?" Liam's amused face dropped, seriousness replacing his smile.

"They- he-" the news suddenly caught my eyes. An image of a familiar lake appeared on the screen. My eyes widened.

"Rose? Earth to Rose?" He waved his hand in my face.

I slapped it away, listening to the narrator. "Liam, look!"

"Two travellers were driving down redwood highway when they called nine one one" the lady reported.

"We were driving past these woods when we heard a scream. It was like a screeching sound from a torture animal. It was like nothing I've ever heard" the shaken man on the screen looked into the camera.

My skull suddenly felt as if it split open. I rolled off the couch, hitting the cold wood floor. Liam jerked his arms out towards me. "Rose!"

Flashes of the lake appeared. The moon turning into blood. I held my hands to my head, afraid my head would split open. Niall's wolf form flashed in my head as he sprinted through the woods. A banshee like scream bleeding through my ears. "Niall!" I screamed. The flashes ended, leaving me curled up on the floor. Liam shook my shoulders.

"Rose, what happened? What did you see?" Liam asked.

"It's Niall, we need to get to the woods!" I scrambled to my shaken feet. Stumbling for the door.

Liam pulled me back, "slow down, what are you talking about?"

"Liam, if we don't get to those woods now... Niall will die, tonight"

****
I know this is super short but the climax of the story is going to be long. So instead of overwhelming you with words, I will separate the long chapter into smaller sections :)

Thanks for voting, following, commenting, and sharing. If you haven't already, it would mean a lot if you took two seconds to hit the follow and vote button.

Bye!!!