Chapter 8: I'm Not Saying Anything

Before I start the chapter, please play the song "Build A Home by Patrick Watson" when Rose mentions the song later in the chapter, it gives the scene in the chapter a really romantic effect :) Enjoy!!! <3

_____________________________

It was six when a car horn honked from outside just when I finished clipping my other diamond earring in my ear. I looked out the window to see a black Chrysler parked in my drive way, a small smile tugging on my lips. I quickly check in the mirror one last time. My long brown curls caressed over my left shoulder, almost like a waterfall. I twirled my red knee high dress, swaying back and forth. I quickly wrapped a dark leather belt around my waist and slipped on a pair of converse with small heels attached.

The door bell interrupted my gazing, "The doors open!" I shout. I turned off the lights and ran to the stairs before hopping on the railing, letting myself ride rest of the way down. As I was sliding down the railing, a very handsome and fancy Niall walked into the house. Before I reached the bottom, my foot caught in the railing and I flew forward.

Both Niall and I were caught off guard but he quickly recovered to catch me in his arms. "Classy yet fancy" he flashed an approved smile before putting me down. He scanned me up and down, blushing, "Someone sure does clean up fast"

My eyes draw to the floor but I quickly recover and pull off a believable laugh, "As do you" I said. As quick as I can clean up on the outside, I still feel horrible and unstable inside.

"My Lady" he bows the old fashion way before holding his arm up, I lock my arm in his and we march off to his car. The ride is silent, not the awkward kind but more of the well needed kind. He didn't ask if I was okay or if I needed help, he knew that I needed that silence and that's what I received. As silent as the ride was, we turned on the radio and it played mostly slow songs but it was perfect for the mood.

After a ten minute drive, I was a little confused as to where he was taking me because all I could see were empty farmlands. "Where are you taking me, exactly?" I ask.

He smiles and reaches into his suit pocket, pulling out a black bandana. "Here, put this around your eyes" he hands me the cloth.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because, I don't want to ruin the surprise" he looks at me. I gave him a doubtful look and thought for a moment. These past weeks have been something of a trust issue but after all he's shown to me and cared about me, he earned a little bit of my trust. I sigh and put on the blind fold.

"I swear if you propose to me, I-" before I could finish my sentence, he bursted out laughing for a good two minutes. I then realize how stupid I sounded and awkwardly laughed along. "What?" I ask.

"It's just, did you honestly think I was going to propose to you?" His voice filled with amusement.

"Sorry but when you mentioned a surprise, it normally leads to a proposal" I blushed from embarrassment.

"We've know each other for three weeks, I think it's a little early for that" he laughs a little, trying to calm himself from that laughing fit. It's funny, he never denied about marrying me, interesting. I then remembered that Niall could read my thoughts and hoped he hadn't read those. Since he didn't reply I felt a lot less embarrassed. The car slowly stops and all I can hear is the car door being opened and closed.

After a moment of waiting, my side door opens and a soft hand gently pulls on mine. I follow the hand out of the car and walk a couple steps before being stopped. "Can I take off the blind fold now?" I ask.

"Patience" he says. After a moment of hearing footsteps and clanking Niall sighs, "Okay, you can look"

I slowly untie the blind fold and my eyes adjust to a beautiful scene ahead of me. A small checkered picnic blanket rested on a hill next to a large and thin apple tree. A large brown weaved basket is set at the edge of the blanket. I look down from the hill to see a field of grass and flowers dance under the moon's light with a slight breeze. The entire scene is lite with white Christmas lights dangling from the tree. I cover my mouth as I gasp with surprise.

FearlessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara