Chapter 6: In That Moment

I walk silently, following the red velvet carpet to a black coffin that reflected the dark and dreary clouds over the city. My steps slow when I'm inches from the coffin, watching my pale breath dance in the sorrowful air. Do I look once more at her or do I save myself from the tears that may invade my eyes as I look upon her face one last time?

I steady the lump in my throat and wipe my eyes before I gaze inside the coffin. There she laid, all dressed in white almost like an angel. The creases and freckles on her face no longer exist, every flaw about her was now flawless. Her silk blonde hair rested on her shoulders, her hands held a bouquet of white roses. Not a single petal out of place.

She was peaceful, she was perfect.

I caress her flush cheeks as a single tear falls from my eyes and onto the roses. "See you in heaven" I whisper and manage a weak smile. Even though I don't believe in an after life, saying those words somehow comfort me.

I turn around to see a small crowd dressed in black. They all looked down at the ground as if their loss were worse then mine. As if they knew her. I look upon her friends, people she's worked with, family, my dad and Michael. As much as my dad and Micael loved her, I felt like her and I were one. As much as we argued and as much as we hated each other, we'd always end up laughing and sharing memories that no one could replace. Not even my dad.

When I walk down the red carpet, I noticed five boys sitting in the back wearing suits. They were my boys, Zayn, Louis, Liam, Harry, and Niall. I knew they didn't come for my mom, they came for me and... I was okay with that.

I give them a weak smile before I walk past them and through the cemetery. Rain begins the sprinkle as the clouds softly clap. In matters of seconds, rain pours over the city. Everyone but me pulls out their umbrella's and begin to walk off to their cars. I stand in the rain, every drop kissing my cheeks. The lump in my throat begs to escape but my efforts to hold it in are futile.

A shadow appears over my head and no longer do I feel the rain run down my face. I look behind me to see Niall standing close with a umbrella over both of us. He doesn't smile, he doesn't frown, he doesn't ask if I'm okay. Our eyes lock and I take a deep breath as my chin begins to wobble. The lump in my throat escapes and I hold my head in my hands. A rage of uncontrollable tears drip down my face as I quietly release every feeling and memory with my mom into my hands. Niall wraps me in his arms, pulling me into his chest. I let my tears soak his suit as he grips me hard and buries his head in the crock of my neck.

"Don't choose to deal with this alone" he whispers in my ear. I don't talk but instead I listen to the sounds of the rain and his voice. It was a melody I'll never forget. "Your mother may be gone but don't let those memories die with her, keep them locked up in you heart and I promise you..." he pauses. "You two will never be separated"

I finally pull back my feelings and tears before I look up at Niall. Those blue eyes, they were sad yet filled with love and compassion. I rest my forehead against his as the rain continues to hit the umbrella, starring into his eyes. Our lips only an inch from touching. I could feel his warm breath wrap around my lips before I pull away and walk off into the rain. Not daring to take a second glance.

********************************

Sorry it's a short chapter but I felt like this seen needed to be done. Comment if you felt like your were in Rose's head and almost cried <3

Comment, vote, share, please!!!!

That would be amazing thanks so much!!!!!!