Chapter 18: Stay With Me

I was somewhere. Not on earth but somewhere between the veil. I had been walking around for hours although time seemed to not exist here. My fingers felt my neck, brushing clear smooth skin. All the scars from my child hood no longer accompanied my body. I was perfect.

I heard footsteps clicking behind me. I turned around to see a familiar body roaming the same infinite space I was. The women's blonde hair brushed behind her. A wedding gown draped over her body perfectly. Her skin flawless. She looked young, not a cress in her face. "Excuse me?" I asked, catching the women's attention. When she faced me with a godly smile, I wanted to collapse. "...Mom?"

"Hello, Rose" she greeted. Without a split second of hesitation, I sprinted into her arms. Clutching her tightly. She wrapped her arms around my shaking body as she combed her fingers through my hair. It was something she always did to comfort me. I wanted to laugh and cry all at the same time. Unwillingly, I pulled myself from her arms so I could look at her ageless face.

"You don't believe how much I missed you, I-hold on. Am I-" I didn't want to say the words, it was almost too unrealistic.

"Dead? Only if you choose to be" she said. Mom began to walk around. I followed next to her, confused.

"What do you mean if I want to be?" I asked. No one has a choice to chose not to die, especially if they stab themselves to death.

"You aren't dead, not yet anyway. This place you see, it is a place for those who have not decided where to go" she said, motioning her hand.

I looked around, "You mean like a coma? And I can chose to wake up or..." I mumbled to myself.

Niall was the first person that came to mind. I left him in a horrible way and no one deserves to lose a loved one like that. If I chose to live, I'd be with Niall and the lads. There was also Michael to consider, I mean he just lost his soon to be wife and now I'd be selfish by choosing to stay with mom.

The other half of me kept tugging at me. If I chose to die, I'd be with my mom. Of course i'd have to wait a while for Niall but in the end we'd all be together. "Mom, I really want to stay with you but... it's not my time yet" I said.

She smiled, "You really do love him sweetheart?" Of course she knew about Niall. I felt guilty for not staying but in the end we'd all be together and that sentence made me realize I had more important things to do on earth.

"A lot" I blushed, his beautiful blue eyes appearing in my thoughts.

"Go to him dear, I'll be waiting" she placed her hand on my cheek, brushing my skin with her thumb.

I hugged her tightly, "and I'll come running". I closed my eyes, the silk feeling of her dress fading from my grip. I knew going back for Niall was for the best, he needed me more than I needed my mom and I needed him even more.

****
I know it's short like extremely short but I got really stuck writing this chapter :(

Anyways, I'll update the next chapter as soon as I can and I've decided to not end the book yet, I'm still debating a couple of things and maybe I might make a second book. I don't know.

Congrats guys!!! You almost reached 55 votes!! But still you people are amazing for voting, reading, and being patient with me hehe.

It would be awesome if you guys could still help me out and vote, share, and let me know what you thought in the comments <3

Thanks a million guys!!!