Chapter 6

Let's see how it continues...

Whether the two can pull themselves together and talk seriously?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natasha's PoV:

Wanda ran after me into the training room. I stopped and turned to her. "Would you rather we go jogging?"

"Yes, we can do that," she replied.

So I ran past her and we took the elevator to the first floor. We put on our shoes and exited the tower. The first thing we did was jog towards the forest. I knew a few good routes so Wanda let me run ahead. I remembered a lake halfway down the trail and decided to take her there since I felt like we really needed to talk.

"Hey, Natasha, wait up for me," Wanda gasped.

I immediately decreased my pace: I hadn't noticed how I had increased my speed.

"Sorry Wanda... I'm not used to jogging with others" I looked at her apologetically.

"It's all good Nat, let's keep running."

I turned back to the front and started running again. I knew it was about a mile to the lake and picked up my pace a bit again. I gifted the last corner and finally saw the small lake.

The forest trail led across a small clearing that was right next to the lake on one side. In the evening there were often fireflies flying around here and in general I thought the clearing was wonderful.

I stopped in the middle of the clearing and Wanda stopped too.

"Wow, it's beautiful here," she said with sparkling eyes.

"It is, isn't it? I think it's the perfect place to talk for a change," I said, and looking at Wanda's somewhat sad face, my heart grew heavy.

"Y-Yeah, I think we should do that" There were tears in her eyes now.

I took a deep breath.

"I think I'll start," Wanda whispered, "When we met, I was immediately intrigued by you. You've been through so much and yet you were unique in your own way. I was overjoyed when we became friends. But six months ago, there was more than friendship. I was happy when we had time alone. A tingle ran through me when you hugged me. I started hoping we could get together or that I could kiss you." Now tears were really running down her cheeks, it broke my heart to see her like this.

"Wanda, we can never come together. The team wouldn't allow it. I know what you feel, I feel more than friendship too, but we just can't. We can't do this. We really can't.", I had tears in my eyes.

I saw her pain-filled eyes change, they turned red.

"W-Wanda, you're scaring me," I backed away a little.

"If we both feel the same way, but we can't come together because you think it would be bad for the team.... Then I'm going to leave now." she yelled at me.

"Wait, Wanda."

But she flew into the air and disappeared over the lake. Now I finally broke down. Never before had my emotions overtaken me like this, but now it was just too much for me. I fell to my knees and cried. I must have sat there for 30 minutes before I slowly made my way back.

Wandas PoV:

"... Then I will go now," I shouted at Natasha. I rose into the air and flew away over the lake. Not knowing where to go, I made my way to the tower. I landed in front of the main entrance and, with a snap of my fingers, changed into normal street clothes. I was still crying, yet I went to the kitchen first. I was alone, so I desperately thought about what to do now.