Chapter 21

The farewell 😩

And news from Natsha

You can look at it positively or negatively....

Warning: TW self-harm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wanda's PoV:

When I woke up, Natasha was no longer lying next to me. Slowly I sat up and looked around the room. The door to the bathroom was only ajar and I heard soft gagging noises. I quickly got up and went to the bathroom. Natasha was sitting in front of the toilet and her red curls fell limply around her face. She didn't look up at me and I didn't know if she even noticed me. She gagged again and I carefully walked over to her. She didn't look too healthy and I didn't know how long she had been sitting here.

"Hey Natasha. Is everything okay?", I whispered, holding her hair by the back of her neck as another bout of nausea shook her.

"Yeah, I think so. I- I don't know. Yeah I'm fine." she said exhaustedly and tried to stand up. But she immediately slumped back down and I propped her up so she could sit back up.

"You're not fine Natasha," I explained, looking at her firmly. "How long has this been going on?"

"Christmas," she groaned, looking down at the floor in shame.

"What, why didn't you tell me?"

"It-"

I interrupted her. "Have you been to the doctor yet?", I asked her.

"Y-yes. The results are in too...I-I was going to tell you when we got to our new home." Natasha spoke slowly and choppily. Tears ran down her cheeks and she buried her face in her hands.

"What were you going to tell me?" I was curious, but I could also understand if she didn't tell me.

"I-I-I-" I saw herself trying to say it, but her words were swallowed by sobs and tears. Carefully, I took her in my arms and talked her through it. I drew circles on her back and noticed how she relaxed in my arms. She took a deep breath and tried to form a sentence again. "I-I am-" Again she choked her words in tears and tensed. I gently took her face in my hands and looked at her.

"It's all right, Natasha. Nothing can happen to you. I'm sure I'll be able to handle the news." I spoke calmly and thoughtfully, trying to reassure her.

She took another deep breath.

"I'm pregnant, Wanda." Again, tears streamed down her face and she buried her face in my t-shirt.

I thought for a moment and immediately thought of Steve. I had hoped it wouldn't come down to that, but it was probably just that day... It broke my heart just thinking about Natasha being pregnant by another person. I knew, but that I had to be strong for her now. I was sure even without reading her mind that this news was weighing on her quite a bit. "Hey, hey Nat, it's all good. I'm sure you're going to be a wonderful mom. I'm excited...I really am. We're going to be great parents..." I smiled and Natasha looked up at me.

"We?" she asked breathlessly, and I nodded.

"Of course, we. I love you. Why wouldn't I accept the baby..." Inside, I was broken... It was already incredibly hard for me to accept that they were having sex at all. I was never the kind of person who had much to do with others and Natasha was still with me. But she was the kind of person who could always sleep with others if she wanted to. She was attractive and knew how to handle "her victims" to get them into bed. The worst feeling for me was still that Steve must have come inside her if she was pregnant now. I had known Steve long enough to know that he would never do such a thing without Natasha's consent. So she must have told him he could come inside her. At some point I was going to ask her again if she had come when she had sex with him, but I hadn't trusted myself to do that until now. Now I couldn't ask her anyway... There was one question I had to ask now, though.