Chapter 23

A special new phase of life begins for Natasha and Wanda....

Warning: ⚠️Smut⚠️ (requested by soshi_93)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Timeskip~

Natasha's PoV:

When I woke up that morning, Wanda was already up. I smiled at that, because normally she always wanted to sleep in... But since I was pregnant, she had been getting up earlier with each month. Now I was 9 months pregnant and Wanda managed to get up at least half an hour before me every morning and organize breakfast for us. She was an excellent cook and took care of me. I was really grateful to her for that, because I wasn't used to being so restricted... Never in my life have I been so afraid of hurting someone when I did something.

"Good morning" Wanda was standing in the doorway looking at me. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel more weird every day. I can't really live with the idea of a living thing in my belly yet." I laughed nervously. For the first time in my life, I was scared of my own body. Not really scared, but it was a weird feeling. Sometimes the little one kicked and I have to say, he has a firm kick.

Wanda ran over to me and sat down next to me. "What's on your mind?"

"The name. We don't know what name yet." I lied, but we hadn't settled that question yet either.

"Right. Do you have any ideas?" she asked.

"James?" I laughed, meaning it more in jest.

"James Romanoff or James Maximoff... I like it!" She laughed and hugged me.

"That was quick," I said, gasping as James kicked once again.

"Hey, are you okay, Nat?" Wanda looked at me with concern and took my hand.

"Yeah... He's kicking pretty hard." I smiled and Wanda leaned over me. She gently kissed my belly and whispered in my direction.

"He's got your genes." She laughed and lay down next to me. She kissed my belly again and I smiled.

"You're going to be a wonderful mother," I whispered and Wanda looked up at me.

"And so are you." She crawled up next to me, rested her head on my shoulder and put an arm around me. "I love you." She looked at me lovingly and had to smile again.

Suddenly I had cramping pains in my thighs and lower back. "Ugh," I groaned out.

"Natasha?!" said Wanda in alarm, looking at me.

Slowly the pain subsided and I opened my eyes again. "It's okay now."

"Are you sure?" asked Wanda, looking at me with concern.

"Yes," I replied, immediately closing my eyes again in pain as a new wave of pain swept through me. "No," I improved, shaking my head.

"Is it time?" Wanda smiled, her face reflecting both fear and joy.

"I guess so." I was happy and I was scared at the same time. It was a strange feeling to know that my son would actually be born now. I hoped so much that I would be a good mother and Wanda had helped me build my confidence.