Chapter 11

Let's see how Natasha handles everything and how the others handle it.

Warning: mention of rape 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maria Hills PoV:

Fortunately, we had been able to locate Natasha very quickly.

Now we were on our way back to Stark Tower. Natasha looked very distraught, but I didn't want to press her and didn't ask her about it. I just walked up to her and gave her a hug as Wanda was flying the jet. When I sat down next to her and put an arm around her, she flinched. She then relaxed and put her head on my shoulder.

I was happy that she trusted me so much, but I was more worried about her and puzzled over what might have happened to her.

"Y-you're wondering what happened, aren't you?" Natasha sat up.

"Yeah, but you didn't have to tell if you didn't feel safe with it," I said carefully.

"H-he hit me and two of his men..." She faltered.

"Men from Dreykov?", I inquired.

"Y-yes... Dreykov offered them to rape me if I don't talk to Dreykov or deal with him..." A tear ran down her cheek. I wiped it gently with my thumb.

"And then they have you....?" I made sure to speak softly and soothingly, not forcing her to give out information.

"Y-yes. They did." She had another tear running down her cheek. "It was horrible, they hurt me Maria. It hurt so much. They were so arrogant. They didn't pay attention to me. I was their plaything. One of a kind. Not alive to them." She broke into sobs.

I hugged her tightly.

"It's all right Natasha, we'll take out the guards and make them pay," I said. Natasha pulled me tighter to her and I hoped she felt safe and secure again. She remained in my arms for another 20 minutes, then wiped a tear from the corner of her eye and smiled at me.

"Thank you Maria, for listening and your understanding. I don't know if I can talk to Wanda about it yet. Maybe I will be able to tell her." She looked at me gratefully. She hugged me again, then she started reading and I let her process everything in peace.

Natasha's PoV:

In the Tower,  Wanda carried me into the 'living room' and wrapped me in a blanket.

She sat down next to me and took my face in both hands.

"Oh God, Natasha. I'm so sorry, we couldn't locate you sooner. What happened?"

"D-Dr-Dreykov was there, they kidnapped me. T-they hit me, kicked me, and m-," I burst into tears. Wanda took me in her arms and gently stroked my back. As she stroked my lower back, I winced in pain.

"Sorry, Tasha," Wanda whispered, and from then on she only stroked my upper back.

I was happy that she didn't ask what else I wanted to say. But she did after all.

"What happened next?" she asked cautiously.

"What, nothing. They just kicked me and stuff." I faltered. I couldn't talk to her about it yet. I was afraid of her reaction and afraid of how she might think of me afterward....

I just hugged her and disengaged again as Maria brought coffee to the sofa and sat with us.

Wanda's PoV: