Prologue: The Useless Screw Up

NOTES: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

TMNT 2012 IS COPYRIGHT TO NICKELODEON ANIMATIONS STUDIOS

STORY & OC IS COPYRIGHT TO ME

ENJOY THE STORY

Prologue: The Useless Screw Up

SET IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE AT THE START OF THE CROAKING

Poor Michelangelo was not having a great day; he was only having fun with his pet. He never meant to trash the living room but there he was, standing in the midst of the mess in front of his angry brothers who are just at their wits end with their youngest brother.

"This is the third time you've messed the place up in a week!!!" Leo yelled at Mikey while he and the other two glared furiously at Mikey like they wanted to murder him.

It wasn't long before Raphael shoved a mop to Mikey and bellowed: "CLEAN UP! NOW!!!"

Mikey flinched down before Raphael glared at the hissing Ice Cream Kitty below him:

"And as for you!"

Ice Cream Kitty just angrily yowls and threw ice cream flakes at his face to which Raph furiously grabs her roughly and throws the mutated kitten into her freezer like she was nothing but a piece of useless material to him

"And stay there!" Raphael snapped as he slammed the freezer door close.

Mikey was shocked at how Raphael handled his pet before the red masked turtle snapped:

"It better be spotless by the time we get back!"

Mikey looks down in shame and sadness as he notices the furious looks of his brothers walking past him but the thing that broke his heart was the next thing he heard from Raphael:

"Some ninja! You're just a big screw up!"

Michelangelo misses April's look of pity on the turtle before she leaves with the others. Alone and upset, Mikey just angrily sniffed:

"I'm such a problem for them? Fine! I was just having fun. But I'm not gonna stay where I'm not wanted"

But as soon as he was about to leave, he looked at the mess he made and sighs: "Still...the least I can do is clean this mess up for them"

As the young turtle sadly cleans the living room up, he recalls the times when he was treated like a joke by his family and today was no exception.

In some families, there are some people that are referred to as the black sheep of the family; a phrase which means a relative who is the odd one out, whether he's a disgrace to the family or just doesn't seem to belong.

Lately with the Hamato Clan, Michelangelo is the black sheep of the family. The poor turtle lately has been feeling useless and lonely at home with his brothers constantly teasing him, ignoring him, pushing him aside for better things, or getting mad at him for his antics.

He may not be perfect even when it comes to him doing pranks and silly things but he tries his very hardest to be a great ninja and student for his father and brothers but can never seem to please them or make them happy and proud like his other brothers do for Splinter.

None of the other brothers are perfect and they make mistakes and yet when it comes to Mikey, they always push him down at his mistakes or even treat him like a useless tool in the team.

Even with all the accomplishments he has done for his family: mostly the times he rescued his brothers from disaster; from the killing mutated wasps, the Squirrelanoids, Pizza-Face, the time he helped his brothers escape from Dimension X.

Everything he did out of love and bravery for his family and all he ever got in return was nothing; sure they may phrase him a bit but nothing that shows the little brother that he is worth being in the team.

Even with everything the turtles do to cheer him up or give positive feedback which was rare in Mikey's case. They always resume being the distant brothers that don't want to be around Michelangelo.

It's like he is nothing but poison to them, a worthless parasite, a virus in their hard-drive and would rather flush it out of the system for good.

Eventually the turtle finishes cleaning the place up nice and neat as it was before he trashed it but he was still miserable and heartbroken that his family just see him as useless as he goes up to the bedroom and begins writing a note, apologising for ruining everything before he stops and rethinks about his decision.

"If I do run away, where would I go? What would I do?" Mikey sadly sighed.

He just crumbles the finished letter and throws it on the ground before he lies down to relax himself, trying his hardest not to cry and show any sign of weakness.

But deep down, he feels like he'll be nothing more but just a useless screw up for the rest of his lonely life.

Meanwhile deep in the darkest part of the woods, a mysterious tall figure was looming over a pile of dead mutated frog corpses that were melting into piles of green goo from a strange gun that the figure was holding.

The alienated figure then looks at a strange device that reveals a 3-D map, showing a signal on what appears to be a tracking device of mutagen.

"A few cases down and a few more to go...soon...I will have my revenge" The figure hissed. "But first, I need a test subject...and I better find one soon"