Epilogue: The Heart of the Family

NOTES: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING LYRICS ARE COPYRIGHT TO PHIL COLLINS & DISNEY

Epilogue: The Heart of the Family

FIVE MONTHS LATER

Nearly a whole year has come since Michelangelo has defeated the dreaded Virus and freed himself as the monstrous Midnight; it has also been a long while now since Michelangelo opened up to his family especially his brothers who deeply apologize for all the hurt they did to him.

They vowed to be better brothers like Mikey vowed to be a better little brother as well and while it took some time since Mikey allowed them back into their lives, they slowly became better at their vows and much more.

Since the entire fiasco with them along with the fight between the villains, Mikey has grown a little more mature than he was before he ran away. The young turtle limited his pranks and jokes but still kept doing them without going over the top as promised.

The brothers do tend to still be annoyed by his pranks but they barely attack him for it anymore and while they still chase him, they usually just grab Mikey in a bear hug and playfully either noogle his head or poke him around and tickle him till he surrenders.

The young turtle tends to listen more and ask questions when not understanding the situation to which the older brothers were more patient and helped Mikey as much as they could now without getting too annoyed and impatient.

It took some time for Mikey to get used to being together with his brothers and sensei again especially when he decided to resume ninja training but as time goes on, he opens up more and begins to grow comfortable again with his family or dare he say, he was even more happier and comfortable with his family since they are more patient and more appreciated of Mikey being with them.

Leo was happy to have Mikey back and happily helped retrain his little brother to become the ninja he was again. They even watch Space Heroes again together and talk with one another about things.

Donnie allowed Mikey more into his lab and in return, Mikey was more in self-control of himself from touching Donnie's equipment or experiments unless he was given permission to. The smart turtle was grateful for Mikey to help him now as they help each other with inventions while they chat amongst themselves, even the silliest of things don't bother Donnie too much anymore as he was just happy to have his baby brother by his side.

And as usual, the one who was really grateful to have Mikey back and open up to them was Raphael. He was still the same grump as he was but he kept more in control of his temper, while he still gets grumpy at his brothers, he doesn't hit Mikey like he used to but when Raph does get mad at Mikey at times, he just takes a deep breath and gently pats Mikey on the head or puts an arm around him and walks with him to reassure him that though he can be mad at him, it was his way of telling Mikey that he still loves and cares him.

Even when Mikey gets mad at things, Raph helps him by letting him use his punching bag to take out his pent up anger to calm himself down then they would talk or play a game to relax.

Splinter was even rejoiced for Mikey to be back in his life, the humanoid rat often lets Mikey or the other boys to come to him and talk to Splinter if they ever have problems and need some advice or a comfort shoulder to rest on and Splinter would gladly do that, being the proud loving father he is.

Things have never being better and stronger for the Hamato Clan and one night during patrol, Michelangelo was hiding in the shadows of a warehouse where he sees his brothers chained up in the air by the Purple Dragons after being ambushed by them with Mikey escaping and following them to the warehouse to rescue them.