Dysfunctional Brothers

NOTES: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 1: Dysfunctional Brothers

Later at night, the gang returns to a clean house much to their surprise as Leonardo examines the living room with awe.

"Wow, he actually did it," Leo smiled happily.

"Huh! Serves him right" Raphael chuckled, finally glad that Mikey did something right for once in his mind.

"Everything's spick and span" Donnie points out.

"Now if only he does his bedroom then things would be fine" Raphael replied.

April just stares at the brothers rather firmly as she was still mad at the way the turtles treated their little brother back there. Sure Mikey wasn't innocent himself and shouldn't have trashed the living room while playing around but that was still no excuse to treat a sibling so cruel and harsh especially on how Raphael behaved.

"Hey where is the little dude anyway?" Casey asked, looking around to see that Mikey was not here.

"Mikey?" Donnie called out.

"In the kitchen"

The voice sounded simple but something about it just made April feel a little more worried for the young turtle. The gang enters the kitchen to see Mikey simply making some dinner for the gang as he was quiet and just looked casual as if nothing happened.

The lack of expression made even Leo concerned for him but couldn't speak when Donnie just simply asked: "What's on the menu tonight, Mikey?"

Mikey knew that what they did to him today was just going to be brushed aside as usual with his antics but at this point, he just gave up fighting and just softly said:

"I'm making chicken soup"

"Cool" Leo nodded.

"You OK, Mikey?" April asked.

"I just wanna say that...I'm really sorry" Mikey apologised sincerely. "For trashing the living room"

"Damn right you should be" Raph scoffed. "You're lucky we didn't give you a kick up the backside"

"Raph, please" Leo halted Raph.

"Look, let's just bygone be bygones and move on" Donnie simply shrugged which causes April to firmly stare at him more.

"Ok" Mikey quietly nodded.

"Don't make a big mess in the kitchen now, ya hear?" Raphael sternly warned.

Mikey just stood there before he slowly nodded like his whole body was numb to the pain. He cannot let the hurt get to him but the cracks were starting to show.

"We'll be in the living room when you're done" Donnie simply points out before the boys leave the kitchen while April stays.

She anxiously approaches Mikey and asks: "Are you OK, Mikey?"

Mikey just grinned: "I'm fine, why?"

"Are you sure? I can tell you're not happy" April softly pressed on.

"Why would I not be happy?" The young turtle simply shrugged.

"Because your brothers were jerks to you back there and I can tell it's hurting you" April replied.

"It was my fault, April; I trashed the place and they had every right to be mad at me" Mikey just brushed the whole thing off as hard as he could.

"Still they shouldn't have been so hard on you" April pointed out.