The Final Showdown

NOTES: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 17: The Final Showdown

Donatello soon opens the portal to Virus's spaceship and the gang enters the portal, ready to confront Virus hopefully for the last time while Kirby stays behind with the recovering Michelangelo.

"Hang in there, little buddy; your family will be back before you know it" Kirby softly sighs.

Unaware to the man in the Shellraiser, the chuck of the Parasite mutagen in the glass canister that Donnie secretly kept to research once he gets back home was moving around like a rat trying to escape a cage.

Soon the small piece of the symbiotic mutagen knocks down the glass canister as it falls and smashes to pieces, alerting Kirby who jumped in fright of the sound of glass smashing.

He turns to see the broken glass canister but nothing else as he curiously goes to see what was in the canister but again, nothing was there.

"What the heck?" Kirby whispered to himself.

Unbeknownst to him, the small chuck of the living goo slithers and sticks its way up to the bed and attaches itself to Mikey.

Soon once it's reached its host, the Parasite begins to grow and spread all over the injured turtle.

When Kirby turns back, the sight shocks and scares him as there was Michelangelo out of bed and is assumedly controlled by the symbiotic mutagen again.

"M-Mikey?!" Kirby gasped out.

The symbiotic creature before Kirby growls until suddenly he sees a familiar photo and touches it. It was a photo of the entire Hamato clan, all happy and together as a family should be"

"Mikey?" Kirby gently spoke out to him.

Soon Kirby can hear Mikey's voice from the Parasite: "Papa...Brothers..."

Suddenly a change in Mikey happened as his eyes were no longer menacing and evil as Midnight was but they looked innocent and gentle.

The symbiotic creature looked at Kirby and said: "M-Mr O'Neil?"

"Mikey?" Kirby quizzed.

Michelangelo nodded as it was clear now that the turtle was in complete control of the Parasite now instead of the other way around.

"I don't understand; how are you in control of the Parasite?" Kirby questioned in shock.

"I don't know, I guess the Parasite isn't strong enough to take hold of me anymore since it was small before it spread to me" Michelangelo replied.

"I cannot believe your brother would kept something like this" Kirby replied, feeling a tad bit mad that Donnie would keep a dangerous organism like the Parasite behind their backs.

"Where is my family?" Mikey asked.

"They're gone to finish off Virus" Kirby replied.

"What?! No, Virus is too powerful, they'll be killed!" Mikey panicked.

"I'm sure they'll be OK, they're a strong team" Kirby tried to calm Mikey down.

Mikey knew it wasn't enough; Virus was stronger than them with his own Parasite mutagen and he had the urge to go and help them defeat the monster.

"I got to help them," Mikey said and was about to leave.

"Wait! You're still injured! You're in no condition to fight" Kirby protested. "Besides, they don't want to lose you, they love you so much...you know that, right?"