Running Away

Chapter 2: Running Away

Leonardo was about to check on Mikey and apologise to him when he suddenly heard April crying out his brother's name frantically. Fear escalates in him as he barges in Mikey's room and sees April by the window.

"April? What's wrong? Where's Mikey?!" The eldest turtle cried out.

April frantically turns to Leo and panicked: "He's gone, he ran off into the woods"

Leo noticed the orange mask April was holding then looked at the tracks outside the window and gasped out: "No! What have I done?!"

Soon April notices a crumpled up paper near the bed on the ground as she picks it up and unscrambles the paper till she realises what the paper was.

"Leo" April gasped out.

"What is it?" Leo quizzed.

April shows the letter that Mikey was writing when he first planned to run away as they read it together:

My family...By the time you read this, I am gone; I'm so sorry I ruined everyone's lives, I never meant to hurt you nor did I ever meant to hurt anyone but it's clear that you don't want me around anymore...

You guys were right about me...I'm just an idiot, a screw up, a disappointment; so that's why for the sake of this family's happiness, I'm leaving forever...

I hope my decision will bring you happiness and peace forever as I know I can never be the brother or ninja you all want me to be and I'm so sorry...

I wish you all the best in saving the city and finding Dad again. If you do find him, tell him that I am sorry for failing him as a ninja...and as a son...

I would say goodbye but no...This is farewell, for good

Michelangelo

"I can't believe he did this" Leo shuddered out.

April glared at the turtle, still livid at what he and his brothers had done to Mikey before she shoves the letter and mask to him and rushes back downstairs.

"April? April, wait!" Leo called out, following her.

As soon as the female teenager goes downstairs and grabs her coat, Leo stops her and says: "April, what are you doing?"

"I'm gonna find Mikey," April firmly replied.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Red! Calm down, what's going on?" Casey stopped her from heading to the door.

"Mikey has run away," April loudly revealed to the gang.

"What?!!" Raphael exclaimed.

"Mikey has--what?!" Donatello gasped in fear.

"Yeah; because of you guys, Mikey's gone and I'm gonna find him before anything happens to him" April angrily explained.

"Let us help you" Leo replied as he stood next to April, willing to come with her.

April just glance at the turtles as the last thing Mikey wants to deal with now is his brothers as she just strictly shook her head:

"You guys done more than enough, I will find him on my own"

"Are you kidding, Red? It's dangerous out there at night" Casey protested, holding her left arm.

"Yeah! That could be dangerous animals out there! We'll come with you to protect you" Donatello also protected, holding April's right arm.