The Road To Recovery

NOTES: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 19: The Road To Recovery

The family suddenly sees Mikey gasping and coughing loudly as Donnie's CPR worked and the young turtle was alive once more.

"Mikey!" The brothers cried out.

"Musuko" Splinter gasped as he gently laid Mikey back on the bed.

"He's alive!" April happily cried.

"Alright, give him some space to breathe" Donnie spoke, going into doctor mode.

The family moved a bit back to give the injured turtle more breathing space as Donatello starts to work on fixing the injuries on Michelangelo.

"G-Guys..." Mikey gasped out, barely breathing but still alive.

"We're right here, Otōto, we're not leaving you" Leonardo cooed.

"Don't you ever scare us like that again" Raphael angrily sobbed.

"I...I'm sorry" Mikey coughed.

"It's not his fault, Raphael," Splinter said to Raphael.

"I know...It's just..." Raphael sniffed.

"I understand," Splinter comforted his son.

Soon Michelangelo's eyes were shut again and rested on the bed, much to Raphael's panicking.

"Mikey? Mikey?! Oh no!! Please don't tell me he's--!!" Raphael exclaimed.

"It's alright, Raph; he's just asleep" Donatello assured him, checking Mikey's pulse closely.

"Will he fully recover from this?" Leo asked Donnie.

"We gotta get him back to the lair, it's the only way to tend to his injuries" Donatello replied.

"But the drive home will take hours, who knows what would happen to Mikey on the way back" Raphael worryingly responded.

"I got the bracelet, remember? I can set a portal up back to the lair quickly"

"Well one of us has to take the Shellraiser back to the lair" Leonardo replied.

"I'll take the Shellraiser back," Casey volunteered.

"Cheers buddy" Raphael thanked his best friend and handed him the keys.

"I'll help guide you back to the lair," Karai said to Casey.

"I know the way," Casey points out.

"Mmmm, no you don't" Karai simply shrugged.

"Fine" Casey grumbled.

"We'll pack up and start heading back," Kirby replied.

"Please look after Mikey, you guys" April pleaded.

"We'll make sure he'll recover from this, we promise" Donnie vowed.

Soon everyone starts packing up with the turtles and Splinter gently carrying Michelangelo close before Donatello opens a portal with the cybernetic bracelet to the lair and the Hamato Clan enters the portal while the others drive back home.

It was a long night but Donnie with the help of Leo, Raph, and Splinter managed to tend to most of Mikey's injuries and kept his body alive and stable. Each of the family took turns on watch for anything indifferent on their baby brother on the hospital bed.

While the others tend to Mikey for the next few days, Donnie worked the cybernetic memory orb that he took from Virus's spaceship to see if he can do something to make the machine give back Mikey's memories, the good ones.