1.5| new years eve

____________________________________

____________________________________DECEMBER 31ST, 2021, 7:30 pm WALKER MANSION MARAS POV

DECEMBER 31ST, 2021, 7:30 pm
WALKER MANSION
MARAS POV

"okay do you want your hair straightened? or maybe curled? come on mara help me out." said mom as she walked around the room like a lunatic.

"uhh...i don't know mom. you should already know that i really don't care about my appearances." i say as i look at myself in the vanity mirror.

"gosh mara you are no help...okay...well...i think i'll just straighten your hair." says mom as she connects the straightener to the outlet.

"oh...and if you're going to do makeup...please don't go crazy. it needs to be light." i request as mom nods in agreement as she fast walks to her bathroom.

agreeing to go to either jay or sunghoons family party seemed like a good and bad idea. the good idea was that i can finally interact with them without my father or anyone against me finding out.

the bad thing is, it might be very very awkward. especially if their parents know who my parents are. i mean, my moms not going because she told me that she has to go to a friends house.

but also, it can be very very awkward because i didn't talk to them and i ignored them for what felt like years. i was so cold to me. it just confuses me that they're still trying to connect with me. i thought they'd just be done with me.

especially jay.

jay was the last person i talked to. he opened up too much that night. i probably made him feel like everything was his fault even though it wasn't. it was mine. my stupid self didn't know how to react with his words.

it always bothers me how i cant bring myself to express what or how i feel or what i think. but i blame that on my parents. and im sure they'd blame themselves if they just hear me out.

but now today is the day to restart things. forget about the past. forget father.

mother suddenly came out of the bathroom with a makeup bag in her hand, "alright let's get your hair done and after i'm doing your makeup." said mom with a wide smile.