𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞 |𝟐𝟏|

"𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞."
• • •

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

To say I’m shocked would be the understatement of the century

I would never have thought Ocean would write something like that. I had no idea she felt like that. All I could understand at that moment in the office was that Ocean was angry, and she was getting angrier. If she hadn’t moved, if she hadn’t started clenching and unclenching her hands, I wouldn’t have known she was angry.

And then she moved away from me and started pacing the small space in the office. I pulled her back for three reasons, 1) Ocean was the only thing that kept me from punching Jason and his father in the face, 2) I didn’t like the way they looked at her. It’s the first time she’s been without her face covered and that son of a bitch was leering at her. And 3) She kept moving her hands.

I don’t know what miracle knocked me in the head to grab her bag and pull out her notebook, but all I could think of was that Ocean can’t talk. She uses her hands to talk. No one else learned sign language for her so the only other way for her to speak her mind would be by writing it. So, I took out her book.

I stared in complete surprise when she started writing at a furious pace. And even more surprise when she ripped the page out and slammed it into Jason’s chest with a force that knocked the breath out of him.

Yeah…shocked is definitely an understatement.

I rip the paper out of Jason’s slimy fingers and as I scan the page, I find it hard to believe she actually wrote this. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I probably wouldn’t have.

I fold the paper up and tuck it into the pocket of my jeans before grabbing Ocean’s notebook and slipping out the door, ignoring the calling of my name behind me.

“Ocean!"

She’s stomping down the hall in her fit of anger and for some godforsaken reason, I find that fucking adorable.

Jesus, I need to get my head checked.

“Ocean?” She brings herself to a stop and turns to me with a scowl on her face. Goddamnit, she’s making it worse.

“Hi.”

Oh, wow, smartass that’s the best you can come up with? Hi?

The scowl slowly melts off her face, along with some of her anger.

“You got angry for me...You defended me…?”

I don’t know what to think. She doesn’t know who I really am, and what I’ve done. As much as I want to keep it that way, she is bound to find out some way or another. She already knows about the fights, and I don’t even understand how. Only certain people can watch the livestream of the fights. It’s not for the whole world to see.