Night at the Opera - Part 1 - Logan x Charles x Reader

Now I know I have lots and lots of imagines already on the go. But when I get an idea, I have to write it down and give it to you. So, I hope that you will forgive me. I have always loved the interactions between Logan and Charles and thought that I would make this a story for the pair. I hope you enjoy.

Logan huffed under his breath as he drove down to Broadway. Or should that be grumbled and groaned. Admittedly not loud enough for Charles to hear. But loud enough so that he could remind himself that he really wasn't happy to be there.

This wasn't the first time that he had taken the professor down to the Metropolitan Opera House. Wasn't the first time that he had had to dodge all the other theatre goers, as they made their way to see the ballet or an opera. But it was the first time that Charles had really asked him to go and actually watch a performance. And even though the big feral had agreed to the request, he was beginning to regret it.

The feral mutant had never been one for all that "warbling", as he saw it. Not one for sitting there and listening to people sing at him for two to three hours in languages that he couldn't completely understand. But this time, Charles had somehow talked him into joining him, rather than just waiting in the car like he normally would. This time he wanted the beer and cigar loving Logan, to see what all the fuss was about.

Logan knew that the professor had been delighted with the idea of being able to back this particular show. Delighted that he had been allowed to go and see the rehearsals, and everything behind the scenes. That he had been able to meet the performers and have a say on the show. And now that it was opening night of the highly anticipated performance of the Magic Flute, Charles seemed to be proud about what had been achieved. About what he had been able to help bring to life. And Logan could only think that that was why Charles had asked him to accompany him. Because it was important to him. And despite hating the idea of the whole thing, Logan felt as though he couldn't refuse. Yet what made the whole thing worse, was that he was having to wear a tuxedo. The black bowtie around his neck feeling like it was strangling him. The feral mutant constantly having to run his finger around his collar to try and stop it from tightening.

"Will you leave it alone, Logan" Charles said from the backseat. Logan's eyes flying up to look in the rear-view mirror.

"You have been doing that the entire trip. You won't make a good impression with a dirty collar." The professor continued. Logan's brows furrowing in confusion at the strange comment. Though he was not in the mood to question the remark. Or complain about being spoken to as if he were a child. The twinkle in the professor's eyes and soft smile on his face, telling the large mutant that Charles was up to something, and that it would be better to just go with the flow. That he would have to sit through the performance.

                                                              >>---------------------------------<<

The opera house was packed. The great and good of the city all dressed to the nines, as they milled around waiting for the buzzer to sound so that they could take their seats. All of them quaffing glasses of the best champagne, as they chatted about the up coming show. And in particular about one woman. A woman that Logan could only presume was one of the performers.

"How do you think they got her.............?"

"I don't know, but it is quite a coup............."

"I know, I thought that she was already performing in Lisbon......."

"Did you see her performance of Lascia ch'io pianga in Rome..........?"

"No. But I did see her Il dolce suono in Barcelona. It was quite magnificent....."

"Yes, but her O mio babbino caro in Paris literally brought tears to my eyes............"

"I can only imagine what she will do as the Queen of the Night.........."

Logan couldn't help but find himself roll his eyes at all the gushing praises of those around him. The big man sure that one singer couldn't be all that good. And that no matter what everyone around him was saying, all this was just going to sound like every other operatic piece of music he had ever heard when Charles had had it blasting through the mansion. High pitched warbling.

                                                         >>-----------------------------------<<

Logan yawned for what he was sure must have been the hundredth time since the lights in the theatre had dipped. The big mutant leaning up against the corner of the private box and wondering whether the professor would notice if he were to fall asleep. But as a sudden rumble of heavy thunder filled the auditorium, Logan found himself sitting bolt upright. His eyes focused completely on the stage, as a woman appeared in a long flowing gown that looked like a star studded night sky. Her presence on stage also drawing the eyes of everyone else in the house. Logan finding it impossible to look away. Whoever she was, she was commanding. Her aura appearing to fill the entire stage. The feral suddenly deciding that a night at the opera might not be a bad thing after all. And hoping that he could get the professor to introduce him to the beautiful vision, after the show. But if Logan had thought that he had lost his heart when she had stepped foot onto the stage, when she had begun to sing, the large mutant had felt his heart physically quake in his chest. The exquisite sound filling the entire theatre. Filling not only his ears, but also his soul.

"Beautiful, isn't she?" Charles said, his voice just audible over the music. Logan not really sure if he should say something or not.

"What? Who?" The big man finally replied, trying to pretend that he hadn't noticed the beauteous woman on the stage. Or that he had been so affected by her.

"My Queen of the Night. She is truly perfect, isn't she?" Charles responded. His eyes refusing to leave the breathtaking creature that made the heavens appear ugly in comparison.

"Oh.......er........yeah professor. Perfect." Logan affirmed, once again trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. Trying to keep his pounding heart, quiet. Sure, that it could be heard over the sound of the orchestra.

"But wait until you meet her in person, Logan. In person, she is quite ethereal." Charles cooed. A soft smile kissing not only the professor's lips, but also the feral's. Logan not able to wait for the end of the performance, but now it was for a very different reason.

                                                             >>--------------------------------<<

The entire audience clapped, as each of the performers took their place on the stage and bowed. But as the Queen of the Night stepped forward to accept her accolades, every person in the crowd got to their feet. The cheers of brava and bravissimo filling the air. Logan finding himself shouting out just like everyone else, despite the fact that he wasn't quite sure what the words meant. His hands sore from clapping. His cheeks pained from smiling, as the diva curtsied with all the grace of a prima ballerina. The large mutant's stomach tying itself in knots as he saw her smile.

"We are going backstage." Charles told Logan, as the heavy curtains on the stage finally closed. The hum of the audience now the only thing to be heard, as they rose from their seats and made their way out of the theatre.

"I am going to introduce you to (Y/n)." The professor continued, as he steered his chair towards the door to the box. His English accent sounding softer and sweeter as he said the woman's name. Logan just hoping that this (Y/n) was the woman that had already captured his heart.