No fun - Part 11 - Tony Stark x Peter Parker x Reader

"So................." Tony began, as he sat his daughter at the table. The billionaire sure that he had never seen a greater sight than his child's beautiful face. That he had never experienced anything more wonderful than having his daughter by his side.

"So...............?" (Y/n) retorted. Waiting patiently for her father to continue.

"So...........I was wondering............."

"Oh jeez! What your dad is trying to say, (Y/n), is, are you coming home?" Clint interrupted. Ignoring the glare from the billionaire. The archer watching as the young Stark looked at the rest of the team. As she looked at her father and Peter.

"I...........I don't know. I mean..........I want to. I miss all of you. Where I am, well...............its just too quiet without Bucky and Sam's arguments. Without the sounds of everyone complaining at dad. Without Thor's laugh ringing out. And without Loki, I have no one to tease. Or play chess with. Without all of you.........there is just something missing. But...........I have things where I am. Things that are important to me. And..............."

"We could go and help you bring your things here. You don't have to leave anything behind. Right guys? I mean.........I'd like to see what you've been doing. Where you've been living." Peter interjected. Looking hopefully up at the rest of the team. His eyes begging each of them to agree to what he had just said.

"I'd like to show you, all of you what I've been able to do. But.............I can't and won't come home if everything is going to be the same. I can't go through that again..............."

"It won't!" Tony and Peter exclaimed in unison. Both of them taking (Y/n)'s hand in theirs. (Y/n) looking around the others. All of them nodding in agreement. The young Stark sure that the rest of the team would do their best to ensure that that was true. But still................

"You say that. But I know you, dad. It's always been like I was just one of your pet projects. A project that you got bored of and pushed to the side, once you found something else to hold your attention. What I have now, it's not much, but it's a start. And its mine. The people in the town, are good. I've made friends and then there's Cody and.........."

"Cody? And who's Cody, honey?" Nat interjected. The widow having a feeling that she might know the answer. And that it would be an answer that neither Tony, nor Peter would want to hear.

"He.......he's just another friend. His pops owns the local diner that I eat at every evening. We talk. And........and he's taken me out a couple of times. Its no big deal. I mean, last time I checked, I was old enough to go out on a date with a guy. A guy that isn't scared off by my surname. Or the thought that they will get their butt kicked by Iron Man if they even so much as look in my direction. That is if Iron Man even remembers that I exist. A guy that's not so in aware of the great Tony Stark that he's ." (Y/n) replied. Her eyes firmly set on the other female. The young Stark refusing to look at either her father or Peter, as she slowly got up and pulled her hands away from the two men. Not wanting to see Peter's reaction to her words. (Y/n) still sure that her father would always be more important to him, than she would ever be.

"I don't think that it's a good idea that I stay. I can always come and help you guys if you want. I'll make sure that you can contact me. But..........."

"If that's what you want, (Y/n). But how about you come and get a coffee with me and Bucky before you go? After what you did out there, I think that you deserve it." Steve interjected. The captain smiling softly, as the young Stark nodded in agreement. (Y/n) just happy that the two old soldiers. That the rest of the team, seemed to have forgiven her for what she had done to Peter all that time ago. (Y/n) placing her hand in the crook of the captain's arm. Bucky moving to her other side. The pair escorting her from the room. The others knowing that if any of them could change (Y/n)'s mind about staying, it would be the two soldiers. All of them deciding to get coffee too and see how Steve and Bucky would go about it. The only two now left in the room being Peter and Tony.

                                                               >>-------------------------------<<

Peter slumped into his chair. Dates! (Y/n) had been going out on dates with some guy while she had been away. And not just one date. A few dates. Dates with some guy called Cody. Some guy that she had said was a friend. She had been going on dates with a guy that wasn't him. Peter getting an awful sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach, as he thought about the possibility that he had lost (Y/n) without even taking the chance to tell her how he really felt. But then he realised. Through her cutting comments, she had spoken of someone that was blind to the fact that she liked him. That if he could stop wanting to impress her father, he might see what he was missing out on. His emotions changing from a crashing low, to a hopeful high, as he jumped from his seat and made his way to find (Y/n) and the others. Tony not even seeming to notice, as the young man disappeared.

                                                         >>------------------------------<<

Pet project. Even after all this time, (Y/n) still saw herself as just one of his projects that he had got bored of. Something that he had pushed to the side. Since (Y/n) had been gone, he had done a lot of soul searching. Tony realising that he had turned into something worse than his father had ever been with him. That instead of not hurting his daughter. That instead of not making her feel that she was of no concern to him. That there was someone that was more important. He had repeated history. He had repeated it and made it worse. He had only had to fight against his father's memory of Steve. Yet (Y/n) had Peter right in front of her. Tony dropping his head into his hands. Knowing that despite all that he had promised her when she was born, he had done nothing but let (Y/n) down every step of the way. That he hadn't done his job as a father. That Clint, Scott, hell, all the others had done a better job at being there for his daughter than he had. Tony just hoping that the two other fathers. That the two old soldiers could make (Y/n) change her mind about leaving. And that if they could, he would do his best to make everything up to his daughter before it was too late. Tony too caught up in his thoughts to notice that Peter had left the room. To notice that he was now, once again, all on his own.