An old friend - Part 4 - Steve x Bucky x Reader

All speech in italics is meant to be French.

"Do you think that she's alright?" Bucky asked, as he sat next to Steve. The two old soldiers watching as (Y/n) just stared out of the windows of the Quinjet.

"I'm sure that she will be. (Y/n) was always tough. But like you told Clint, she's only been awake for a few days. Not enough time to get used to all the changes that have happened. Especially as the director hadn't let her leave the building. We both know that all this is a lot to take in. And like she said, in her mind it's still 1943 and we're still at war." Steve replied, indicating to Bucky that they should perhaps join their old friend, as they watched her brush a tear from her cheek.

"You ok, doll?" Bucky enquired, as he and Steve took a seat next to (Y/n). The captain smiling, as she once again became the filing of a Steve and Bucky sandwich.

"I'm fine, Buck. It was just that the last time I was on a plane, I had a parachute on my back, it was pitch black outside, and I was expected to jump. It's strange thinking that I don't have to throw myself out of this thing." (Y/n) chuckled, as she looked at the two men. Still not able to believe that both her boys had somehow become more handsome than they had already been. Both having aged quite well since they had been taken from the ice, and away from Hydra. Bucky's longer dark haired pulled back into a bun and the heavy stubble that kissed his cheeks still making her heart skip a beat whenever he looked at her. Steve's own light dusting of stubble on his firm jaw, making her want to reach out and gently caress his face. To pull him close and kiss his lips. To kiss both of them if she was perfectly truthful. But that had always been the problem, she had never been able to choose between the two boys. She had always loved them both. And even after all these years apart, she still knew that she always would.

"Don't worry. As much as I wouldn't want to be in the passenger seat of a car that Stark was driving. I don't think that he'll crash the jet. So you shouldn't have to jump." Steve joked, smiling as (Y/n) put her arm through his.

"Why don't you get some sleep? It'll take us a little while to get back to the States. Me and Buck will wake you before we get back to the compound." The captain continued. Steve not failing to notice that (Y/n) had begun to look a little fatigued.

"What? Isn't eighty years enough sleep for you, Captain Rogers. You want me to sleep some more?" (Y/n) laughed. Joking despite the fact that she could feel that the days event had taken more from her than she had realised. That her full strength hadn't returned to her yet.

"But your right. A few hours' sleep will mean that I don't have to look at your ugly mugs for the whole trip. Though I think that I might quite like it if you were to stay with me. If that's ok?" (Y/n) told the pair. Her smile growing wider, as both men nodded.

"You're stuck with these ugly mugs for as long as you want, doll." Bucky replied. A soft sigh leaving his lips, as (Y/n) placed her head on his shoulder. Her eyes slowly closing, as she listened to his heart beat. As she felt the warmth of Steve.

                                                          >>----------------------------------<<

"(Y/n). (Y/n) wake up." A voice came. (Y/n) slowly opening her eyes. The captain expecting to see the smiling faces of Bucky and Steve. Wondering how her boy's French accents had got so much better since she had been asleep. Her eyes growing wide, as instead of the captain and sergeant, there stood Alexander.

"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost?" Alexander asked, as he brushed some of her hair away from her eyes.

"I..........I.........."