A little secret - The Expendables - Part 1 - Christmas x Reader

My apologies for it taking so long to get back into writing Expendables imagines. But I hope this new story will make up for it.

Galgo smiled as he watched her make her way into the hangar. The woman's smile making his heart beat a little quicker. She was a familiar sight to all of them now. A very welcome sight. Especially when she came with her weekly treat of homecooked food. The goodies usually disappearing before she had even had the chance to get too far into the place.

The team had been amazed when Christmas had introduced her to them. The whole team would happily admit that none of them were really keen on Lacey. Once a cheater, always a cheater, after all. Words that had unfortunately come true. Christmas swearing off women when he had discovered yet more of her infidelity. So, when he had brought (Y/n) into Rusty's that night, and introduced her as his new girl, it was safe to say that they had all been a little concerned. Yet that concern had quickly proved ill-founded. (Y/n) turning out to be the exact opposite of Lacey. Christmas becoming happier than any of the team had ever seen him, with every passing day. And unlike Lacey, with (Y/n), Christmas had always been upfront with her about what he and the others did. The woman seeming to take it in stride. Accepting it as if it were the most normal thing in the world. The beautiful woman even helping out with anything that Barney or the others needed while they were away on a mission.

And so, (Y/n) had become Barney's right hand woman, and somehow, a mother to the others. Feeding all of them whenever she would make one of her visits and chastising them if they didn't take care of themselves. The rest of the boys getting a laugh when Gunnar found himself on the receiving end of one of her lectures. The big Swede standing there like a spoilt five year that had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"Galgo! Could you help, please?" (Y/n) called out. Her soft English accent hanging delicately in the air, as Galgo raced over to assist.

"Senora (Y/n). Dios mío! Que has traido." The Spaniard chuckled, as he took two heavy looking baskets from (Y/n)'s arms.

"You don't have to call me "Senora", Galgo. (Y/n) is fine. Senora makes me feel as old as Misses Hernandez that lives in the apartment not far from mine. And she's eighty. And what I have here, is food. I have realised that what I normally bring isn't enough when most of you guys are the size of a house. Caesar only has to look in one of my baskets, and half of its gone." (Y/n) chuckled, as she and Galgo made their way further into the hangar.

"And speaking of the houses, where is everyone? It is suspiciously quite around here." (Y/n) asked. Breathing a sigh of relief, as she placed the rest of the bags on a table.

"The others are stowing away things in the back of the plane. I am only here because I forgot one of my guns. But Señor Barney and Christmas are in the office." Galgo replied. Feeling a little silly at having confessed that he had forgotten his gun.

"Oh, great. I'll go and see Lee and Barney. But could you let the others know that foods here. I don't want it getting cold. In truth, I'm surprised that they haven't been able to smell it." (Y/n) giggled, as she placed a kiss to Galgo's cheek and then made her way to the office. The Spaniard standing there with a big grin on his face. His hand reaching up to touch the spot she had kissed, before shaking the thoughts from his mind, and making his way out to get the others. But not before grabbing something from one of the baskets before it was all gone.

                                                     >>------------------------------------<<

"Hi gorgeous. Is it that time already?" Christmas smiled, as (Y/n) poked her head around the door.

"Yep. So, you better hurry if you want something. Galgo has just gone to get the others." (Y/n) replied, as she closed the door behind her and took a seat on Lee's lap. Her brow furrowing slightly, as she saw the nervous look on Barney's face. As she saw the warning look in Lee's eyes.

"Okay, what's going on...................?"

"I have something to ask ya dahlin..............."

"I told you, Barn. You aren't dragging (Y/n) into this. We will find something else. I don't want her getting hurt." Lee interrupted. His tone making it obvious that he was far from happy about what was going on.

"Hey! I can look after myself you know. If you guys need any help.............."

"We need you to come on this mission.............."

"BARNEY!" Lee warned again. His gaze softening, as (Y/n) took his face in her hands.

"Lee. I might not be an Expendable, but if I can help, I want to. I know how to use a gun and I'm pretty good at protecting myself. So, as long as you don't want me to carry one of those huge things that Gunnar and Caesar like to use, or jump out of that bucket of bolts plane of yours; then I want in." (Y/n) told him, as she rested her forehead against his.

Lee sighed. He knew that now (Y/n) had been told that they needed her help, there was no way that she wouldn't want to go. That she wouldn't want to tag along. So, despite the fact that he wanted to tell her that he didn't want her to get hurt. That he wanted to keep her away from the worst of what they did. He knew that there would be no way of talking her out of it. That she could be the most stubborn woman he had ever met, once she had made up her mind.

"Fine. But I'm never letting you out of my sight. And if there is even a hint that you might be in trouble, I am getting you out of there............" Lee said. The ex- SAS man rolling his eyes as (Y/n) kissed him on the nose. A childlike grin spreading across her lips, as she turned to look at Barney.

"Okay Barney. Tell me what you need me to do................."