No fun - Part 17 - Tony Stark x Reader

"You ok, kid?" Logan asked, as he watched (Y/n) lock the door to the old shop for the last time. The large feral placing his arm around her shoulder, as she came to stand by his side.

"Yeah.........I was just thinking that it was a shame. I liked it here. It's a nice little town and the people were good to me too. I felt like I was really fitting in. But now, now I know I can't stay. Tomorrow morning my doorstep will be full of people wanting to know all about the Avengers. They'll want more autographs, or pictures. They'll want to know all about Captain America. About Thor and even Loki. They'll want to know about my dad, and it will just be like old times. I'll be back in the shadows. Back to being the nameless, faceless Stark. And I don't want that. The Iron Knight deserves more. I deserve more. I'm a hero in my own right, now. And I did it without the Avenger moniker helping me." (Y/n) replied, as she and the big feral watched the large black trucks pull away. Her work slowly making its way back to upstate New York.

"Come on. Let's get ya to the jet. I'll help ya ta set up your new workshop when we get home." Logan said, as he pulled her away from the old building, and led her to where the others were waiting. (Y/n) smiling, as Logan's grip on her got just a little tighter. Smiling at the idea of being back in the place, and with the people that she loved just as much as she did all the others.

                                                        >>-------------------------------<<

Tony sat in front of the fire in his chair. A fine bourbon in the glass that hung precariously from his fingers. He had been sat there since he and the rest of the team had got back to the compound. Sat there just.......just thinking. His mind going over everything that had happened that day. Everything that had led to that moment. Everything that he had done and hadn't done over the years. Of all the fun that he and (Y/n) had had when he could tear himself away from his work, his latest party, or his newest conquest. But most of all, he couldn't help but think about all the things that he had missed out on. How he didn't really know his own child.

In just a short period, (Y/n) had proved that she didn't need him. That she had never needed him. She had been able to achieve so much, and Tony was sure that if his father were still alive, he would have more than a few things to say to him. That he would say that (Y/n) was a true Stark, and that Tony could learn a few things from his daughter. Tony knowing that he would have to agree.

"That helping any?" A voice enquired. Tony looking up to see a cross armed Steve leaning against the door frame.

"It's the same one I poured hours ago." The billionaire replied, as he placed the still full glass on the table next to him. Steve making his way further into the room and taking a seat across from Tony.

"So..........." Steve continued. The captain not sure whether he should broach the subject. Quite aware that he wasn't qualified to talk about this kind of thing. Sure, that it would be more up Clint or Scott's alley than it was his.

"So..........." Tony countered with a heavy sigh. The billionaire dropping back into his chair.

"Do you want to talk about this.................?"

"What is there to talk about Rogers? The fact that I will never win a Father of the Year award. The fact that I have let my daughter down in every way imaginable. That I never spent enough time with her, and really don't even know who my own child is. That I have been more distant with (Y/n) than Howard was with me. That I let her toil away in her little lab and never noticed or listened to what she was really doing in there. Is that what you want to talk about?" Tony enquired, as he picked back up the glass and downed the contents in one gulp, before getting to his feet and making his way over to the small bar.

"If you want................"

"No, not really. But at least its better you coming here than Barton or Lang. I don't think I could take being sermonised to by our two resident wonderful fathers. Told by Barton that I'm an asshole and from Lang that I don't know how lucky I am to have a great kid like (Y/n)." Tony continued, as he dropped some fresh cubes of ice in his glass before pouring in more liquor.

"Well, what about discussing how we can help her? Its obvious that (Y/n) won't be given a moments peace now that the towns people know that she's connected to us. So, maybe we could find her............"

"Weren't you listening, Rogers? She doesn't need my help with that either. As soon as that door closed behind us, she was probably on the phone to Xavier. The X-Men winging their way to the rescue. I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't already at the school..............."

"But that's good, isn't it? It means that (Y/n)'s closer. That you, we, can be there for her if she needs us.........." Steve interrupted. His brows furrowing as he let out a mocking snort.

"(Y/n) doesn't need us. Doesn't need me. She never did. In fact, it was the other way around. And anyway, she has Charles and the rest of his team. The ones that have been there for her when she did need someone. The ones that have been supporting her while she became the hero that I have stopped her from being for all this time. The ones that have been there for her without any of us knowing. Now, as much as I am enjoying this conversation, Rogers, I have a date with the rest of this bottle in my room. And I don't like to leave a good bottle waiting." Tony told the captain, as he grabbed his glass and the rest of the bottle, before he made his way from the room. The captain slowly getting to his feet and making his way to find the others. Steve hoping that Peter was faring a little better than Tony was, after the meeting with (Y/n).