She's mine - Gladiator - Part 1 - Commodus x Reader

(Y/n) looked out of the window of the carriage. Her eyes growing wide in disbelief. She had never seen anything like this before. She had never seen buildings so huge that they seemed to block out the very sun itself. Never seen this many people. Never heard this much noise. The last few years of her life had been spent at her brother's home, helping his wife care for their young son. It was only a simple life in a simple home, but she had loved it. She had loved how the pink stones of the house would warm up under the sun. She adored the smell of the herbs that would drift through her window from the kitchen garden, in the morning. And the even sweeter odour of Jasmine in the evenings. She would pick the figs, pears and apples from the trees, before taking a walk through the olive grove on the north slopes, or the grape vines on the south. Yet now that was all gone. Her brother's wife dead. Her nephew dead. And she, she had been bound in chains, before being forced into a carriage by men that she thought had been sent by her brother. Forced to endure the long journey from Trujillo to the sprawling city. To the very heart of the Roman Empire. The men refusing to tell her anything. Refusing to say who they were, why they had killed her family. Or why she had been spared the fate of the others, and brought to Rome.

"Sit back." One of the soldiers ordered, as he pushed her away from the window. The older man that sat by her side, leaning across the carriage and glaring at the soldier. His voice menacing, as he took hold of the younger man's scarf that was tied simply around his neck.

"Touch her again and I'll kill you. The emperor wants her unhurt." The man hissed. (Y/n) staring at him as he leaned back in his seat.

The emperor? Marcus had done this? Marcus had sent these men? No..........he would never do that. The emperor had always treated her and Maximus with such care. He had loved them as if they were his own children. (Y/n) loving the old man, as if he had been her real father. Sure, that Maximus felt the same. In the past she had even believed that they actually would be family when Maximus and Lucilla had had a romance. So, what could possibly have made the old man do this, she didn't know. For he may be many things, but...................

Suddenly the carriage came to a stop. The man by her side climbing out of the door and offering her his hand. (Y/n) grasping it tightly, as she struggled to climb down the step. The heavy chain getting in her way. Her heart thumping in her chest, as she looked up at the enormous building.

"Don't worry." The older man tried to reassure, as he pulled a small key from a pouch on his belt. The chains falling with a heavy clang onto the white marble floor as he unlocked them. His large hands rubbing at her reddened wrists.

"I'm sorry that you had to see any of what you saw. That I had to do this. But I couldn't take the chance that you would run." He explained, as he offered her his arm. (Y/n) knowing that there wasn't much she could other than take it. Other than allow him to take her wherever he wanted.

                                                            >>------------------------------<<

"She's here." Falco informed the new emperor. Commodus turning his attention from the vast city that sprawled out beyond his balcony, to the senator behind him. A small smile pulling at the corners of his lips, as he thought about seeing her again.

He knew that he should have had her killed at the same time as her brother's wife and son. That it would make more sense to destroy everything that the General had held dear. But he couldn't. He just couldn't bring himself to destroy something so perfect.

In their youth, (Y/n) had been the only one that had truly cared about him. And even though he loved his sister, (Y/n) had actually been the one that he could turn to. A girl with a sweet and kind nature. A girl that would care for him if ever he fell. That would hold him when tears had come to his eyes. He had always hoped that he would be able to make her, his. But that hope had been dashed when his father had sent her away. Giving Commodus yet another thing to hate his father for. So, now that he was emperor. Now his father and her brother could not stand between them, he had had her brought to him. Hoping that eventually she would forget about what his men had done. That no one would tell her about what he had ordered done to her brother. That with time, she would agree to be his bride.

"Then you may leave, Falco. I have no desire for you to be stood there, leering at her when we meet again. (Y/n) is too perfect for your eyes." Commodus replied, as he looked at the older man. Falco nodding respectfully before he left the large room. The emperor straightening his robes, as he heard the guards open the door. His heart pounding violently, as he laid eyes on her. As she left the soldier by her side and ran into his arms.

"Commodus. What's going on? Where's Maximus? Why did your father send those men? Why did they...............?" (Y/n) asked, as she gripped hold of his toga. Her words drifting off into nothingness, as she recalled what she had seen. Tears rolling down her cheeks, as she felt Commodus wrap his arms around her.

"My father............? My father is dead............."

"But the soldier said that emperor didn't want me to be hurt. I don't understand.........."

"I'm the emperor now (Y/n). I sent those men. I had no other choice but to do what I did. Your brother was a traitor. He was going to betray my father, betray me. He wouldn't accept my hand. I brought you here because................."

"No! Maximus would never.............he loved your father. He would never betray Marcus or Rome. You sent those men, and they killed my family, Commodus. How could you? What did I........what did they ever do to you? I only ever cared about you, and now............." (Y/n) interrupted, as she pulled herself away from his arms. Commodus reaching for his face, as her hand connected with his cheek. The sudden sting burning his flesh.

"You should have had me killed me too."