Nemesis -Sherlock - Part 6 - Sherlock x John x Mycroft x Reader

(Y/n) let out a small chuckle as she found herself suddenly enveloped by the taller Holmes. Sherlock completely ignoring the amused looks from both John and Misses Hudson, as for the first time in a very long time. In fact, since that summer all those years ago, he let others see that he really was human. That he was cursed with emotions and sentiment, just like everyone else.

"Macaroons!" (Y/n) suddenly exclaimed, as she managed, if a little reluctantly, to pull away from Sherlock.

"As much as I will never complain about you hugging me, Sherlock. If you carry on, you will crush the treats that I brought for you and the doctor." (Y/n) smiled, as she placed the ever so slightly crushed, brightly coloured box into Sherlock's hands.

"Now, all we need is the tea you promised me, to go with them." (Y/n) added. Mycroft's nemesis placing her hand on Sherlock's arm. as he looked between her and the box in his hands. The younger Holmes seeming momentarily lost in the presence of his old friend, before remembering himself and realising that John and Misses Hudson were watching on.

"Tea, yes. Of course. I will just go.................." Sherlock replied, as he straightened himself and made his way towards the kitchen. Doing his best to try and act like nothing had happened.

"Please, come and sit down, (Y/n)." John said, gesturing for her to take a seat in Sherlock's chair, after the pair had said goodbye to Misses Hudson.

"You know, I have never seen Sherlock like this before. He has done nothing but talk about you since we met in Mycroft's office. About that summer when you were brought to the family home. He's actually been smiling. He even laughed at one point." John laughed, as he took a seat across from (Y/n).

"What can I say? I seem to have a way with the Holmes boys." (Y/n) replied happily, as she made herself comfortable.

"I mean, once you have been able to find a way through all that Holmes-ness and persuaded them that being human isn't all that bad, both of them do have a good heart. Though I think that you already know that, Doctor Watson. Let's face it, if you can put up with a Holmes for as long as you have, you must be able to see that there is something more to them. You know, I read your blogs about Sherlock and his work. They were one of the things that pushed me to take the role alongside Mycroft. I realised that I needed to see Sherlock again. That I missed that strange young man that I met that summer, more than I ever thought I could.................."

"And Mycroft...............?" John interrupted. The doctor not sure whether he should pry but finding himself needing to know about what really happened between the beautiful lady before him, and the ice man. What (Y/n) could see in the older Holmes.

"Ah, Mycroft. Yes..........I think that over the years he has become more of a Holmes than I ever thought possible. You probably won't believe when I tell you that once, Mycroft Holmes was the most loving, caring and sweet man that I had ever met. He used to smile, laugh, crack jokes. He would dance to silly songs on the radio and walk with me in the rain. But then...........well then his parents got at him. He never said so, but I know it was because of them that we broke up. Because of them that he said that he didn't love me, and never had. I knew it was a lie, but there was no point in arguing. He had chosen his path and I wasn't part of his journey." (Y/n) explained. John quickly moving to her side as he saw the tears trickle down her cheek. The doctor pulling a handkerchief from his pocket and handing it to her.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n). I didn't mean to........................."

"It is quite alright, Doctor. You would think after all these years I would have gotten over it. But at least I have been able to get my own back. Making his life a misery for the last few months, has given me the most wonderful childlike glee. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Or in Mycroft's case, a dish covered in crumbs, dirty finger marks and rubbish." (Y/n) chuckled, as she wiped her eyes on the corner of the handkerchief.

"John made you cry...........!" Sherlock suddenly exclaimed, as he made his way back into the sitting room. A tea tray in his hands.

"He brought up Mycroft. Brought up what happened between you two......." The younger Holmes continued, as he put the tray on the coffee table and glared at his friend.

"Sherlock, stop doing that!..........You know I hate it when you pry into thing like this. And if you must know.........I was the first to mention your brother, not the doctor. He was just interested, that's all..............So, in truth, I made myself cry. Now, stop glaring and pour the tea. It's been a long journey from Buckingham, and I for one am parched. That, and I am more interested in getting to know you again than thinking any more about your brother." (Y/n) chastised. John smiling to himself as Sherlock straightened himself and did as he was told. The doctor sure that he was going to have to get a few pointers from the older lady about handling his friend, before she left. Not sure how (Y/n) did it, but more than happy to learn at the feet of the master. The doctor smiling as he took his cup from Sherlock's hand and listened as the younger Holmes and (Y/n) began to reignite their friendship. As Sherlock opened up and began to tell her everything. Neither of them seeming to hear the knock at the front door. Neither of them seeming to notice, as John got to his feet and made his way over to the ingress. His eyes growing wide as he saw the person that was waiting outside. As Mycroft pushed his way into the flat.............