Chapter 15

Alexanders P.O.V
_____________________

I can hear the ache, the long distant sobs of Amelia.

"Amelia?" I call out but i am greeted with silence. Unexpected. I open the door and walk into the room, the light is dim. The sobbing quietens down.

"Amelia, where are you?" I ask once again.

"Go away." She responds in a loud, yet stern manner.

"Where are you?" I repeat.

"Hahahaha. You're funny. Like you care." She laughs in a hysterical manner. Something you see in movies.

"Amelia where are you? It's hard to see." I say, worried about her response. What has gotten into her?

I can hear noises, ruffling and moving around. Metal clinking against the floor occasionally.

"You know, for someone as socially known, represented and wealthy, you'd think you'd be a little smatter in the way you handle situations. Or at least be more attentive towards your own child and the woman who carried it all those months." She speaks as she moves around, slowly, then changing pace.

"Amelia, come here." I command. Is she on drugs?

No reply. Just more movement. I can feel the vicious vibrations around the room. Silent and deadly.

"Mmm." She says from behind me.

"I think it's you who needs to come here."

She walks closer and i stand my ground in the same position. I will not allow myself to be pushed around by a woman. Especially one abusing drugs by the looks of it.

I feel a cold, sharp blade being pushes towards my neck. I freeze.

What the fuck?

"Amelia, what the fuck are you doing? Have you lost your mind?"

"Mmm hmm." Amelia hums.

"How does it feel?" She asks. I don't respond.

"Is it cold? Do you feel scared?" She questions but i stay silent once again.

None of us say anything to each other for what seemed like a long silent 5 minutes.

"Enough." I say as i grab her wrist harshly, leaving her no other choice than to drop the knife.

"What is wrong with you huh? Have you lost your mind?" I yell and she giggles simultaneously.

The room smells strange. It's still very dim. What is going on.

"Where is Jason?" I ask.

"Why do you care?" She hisses.

"He's my son." I reply.

"You don't care about him like i do." The bitterness rolling off her tongue. I'm sick of her attitude.

"Don't tell me what to feel or do. Do not make grand sweeping generalisations. That is not your place." I say raising my voice.

"Oh fuck off." She says rolling her eyes. She starts fidgeting and moving around trying to escape my grip.

I tighten my hold and kick the knife away from her.

"You need to stop it. What has gotten into you?" I say louder.

"I fucking hate you. You torment me every fucking day. You make me feel like shit, you make me want to vomit. You make me want to kill myself." She blurts out, stopping to smile or laugh at times. Like a proper crazy woman.