Chapter 13

Amelia's P.O.V.

__________________

The picnic went really well. We drank champagne, went for a walk and talked about what happened with our lives while we were separated. He became wealthier, opened up more stores, he now owns a mall and about 2 mansions and 4 normal houses, but of course they are huge. Everything was going well but I still couldn't help but feel scared about the text. Who is this person? How do they know all of that? I don't know if I want to tell Alex because;

1) He is going to go insane.

2) He won't stop until he finds out who it is.

3) He would be mad at me because I wouldn't of told him earlier.

I might tell him after the date or tomorrow, right now i just want to enjoy the date and my day off from Jason. Although I can't help but wonder about Cassie. What I did was really unfair, she told me about something that made her really happy, she's having a baby. Mat and Cassie have been trying for a baby for 2 years already but couldn't fall pregnant, I don't know why. What I did was really unfair. She was happy and I ruined everything.

"Amelia!"

I shook my head and looked left and right in shock.

"Yes Jason?" I asked and Alex just looked at me completely shocked. Oh. I just realised it was Alex.

"Amelia, are you okay? I'm not Jason, I'm Alex." Alex said.

"Yeah sorry, I just, zoned out I guess." I said looking at my phone the whole time. I frowned while re-reading the text over and over again.

"What are you reading?" Alex said trying to see.

"Nothing." I said as I turned my phone off. Even if he were to turn it on, it has a password. Alex just looked at me like he was trying to read me or something.

"What?" I asked.

"What do you mean 'what'?" Alex asked. Oh like he doesn't know.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Because you're so beautiful." He said and i let out a giggle.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"No tell me." He said moving closer to me.

"I know that wasn't what you were thinking about because you only give me that look when you try to read what i'm feeling or thinking." I said with confidence while he let out a laugh.

"I can never get anything past you can I?" Alex said glaring at me but chuckling to lighten the mood.

"So what were you thinking about?" He asked and i just looked at the green grass prickling my leg.

"Just thinking about how what I did to Mat and Cassie was unfair." I said still looking down.

"Now why would you say that? You had a right to feel that way and I didn't make it any better at the time." He said looking disappointed at himself.

"Because Mat and Cassie were the only ones who didn't abandon me when I was pregnant, my mother kicked me out and wanted nothing to do with me, all my friends left and I didn't have anywhere to go. I mean if I knew my father I might have gone to him or something but I guess people just like to leave my life a lot. Plus Mat and Cassie have been trying to fall pregnant for 2 years, and when she finally did, she told me and i was the one who ruined it for her." I said looking up at him occasionally.